• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Low Mood

Stevie1903

hi

I was diagnosed about 4 years ago with aspergers. Last Christmas had a bit of a meltdown and things were pretty bad. At that point my doctor prescribed me Prozac to help with low mood and anxiety.

Things have been so much better since, until yesterday. Must stress though it wasn't too bad. Just got a bit low, fed up.

A week ago we had family staying for a few days and had an absolute brilliant time. A few days ago I was really lucky and got bruce Springsteen tickets to broadway. I was on a real high for a few days and really excited at booking the trip for my wife and I.

Yesterday I woke up and right away knew things weren't right. I felt really down and in a bit of a mood.

I suppose what I'm wondering is could it just be a case of hitting a wall after all the excitement etc over the last week or so? We were really busy when we had guests.

There really isn't any reason for it except perhaps I didn't take my meds for a few days when we had people staying. Usual routine all out although been back on them the last 4/5 days.

If you've read to here then thanks!

I seem to have bouts of moods monthly, but I think that's for a different reason :p Perhaps your meds may have altered your mood? Or it could, as you said, be a dip off the excitement high. Sometimes you never know what causes these things. Except for the monthly ripping out of everyone's throats, that is. :D

hi

I was diagnosed about 4 years ago with aspergers. Last Christmas had a bit of a meltdown and things were pretty bad. At that point my doctor prescribed me Prozac to help with low mood and anxiety.

Things have been so much better since, until yesterday. Must stress though it wasn't too bad. Just got a bit low, fed up.

A week ago we had family staying for a few days and had an absolute brilliant time. A few days ago I was really lucky and got bruce Springsteen tickets to broadway. I was on a real high for a few days and really excited at booking the trip for my wife and I.

Yesterday I woke up and right away knew things weren't right. I felt really down and in a bit of a mood.

I suppose what I'm wondering is could it just be a case of hitting a wall after all the excitement etc over the last week or so? We were really busy when we had guests.

There really isn't any reason for it except perhaps I didn't take my meds for a few days when we had people staying. Usual routine all out although been back on them the last 4/5 days.

If you've read to here then thanks!
If you want to stop any powerful drug the advice is don't take it one day then take the next day
I stopped the way you did and it was a bad idea go and see your GP

except perhaps I didn't take my meds for a few days when we had people staying.

Yeah, that'll be your reason probably. Fluoxetine has a very long half life but you won't get the same effect if you're not taking it daily.

That aside, I've had this feeling. It's the feeling of going back to a reality that you're ultimately unhappy and potentially bored with.

New Threads

Top Bottom