• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Longest Relationship?

like a couple above said, around 3-6 months. Never really had anyone that understood me. 3 relationships were long-distance. one was in Washington State, one in California, and the last in New Jersey. before that in high school, when i was a senior and he was a freshman, he probably only wanted to gain "senior points" with his friends when he asked me out and wouldn't stop till i said yes.

I had three two-year relationships in college (yeah I was there for awhile). I could never seem to be interested in someone for more than that long, and my aspie quirks lost their charm. In a couple weeks I'll be celebrating two years with my husband, so far so good!

The longest I've had romantic relationship feelings for someone has been four years. He's not interested in me but I know if he was, it'd be two years, tops. Hah.

I've never been in a real romantic relationship. I was trolled by a woman for 2 weeks over the internet, if that counts.

I never had a "real" (i. e. sexual) relationships. I was in the virtual relationships with an aspie woman for about 7 months. My longest real relationships lasted 2 months - and this is only thanks to NT forum dedicated to relationships from which I received constant advices.

I never had a relationship until I was 27. 18 months later we married and that will be 14 years ago at the start of May. We have only know about my Aspergers for the last 3 years and it has explained a lot. I wish that we had know 10 years or more ago as perhaps my wife would have had the energy to cope with me. Now she is so exhausted that she just wants to leave to maintain her well being.

2nd longest was My 1st (and currently only) marriage which lasted a year, and my longest yet was with the mother of my son. we were together for 15 mo before I ended it. since then...nothing more than 6 months, at most. currently, I really have nobody..which totally sucks cuz I truly miss having someone to hold at night

The longest relationship I have had is my current one.

We have been together 7-8 years.

She is very patient with me and so forgiving. She is also my best friend.

2,5 years. It would be reassuring to think that there was something to learn about and that I'd ever remember some of those things again.

I met my wife in 1994 in class and we became friends but she refused to date me. I went to the US in 96 and she called and said that she failed her degree so could she stay with me in Anaheim cos she was depressed. Her visa eventually ran out so she said we have to get married. We drove to Las Vegas. We found out that we both liked sailing and sailed round the Caribbean for a few years. Still together.

25 years. 2 dating and 23 married to my wife. Not a rose garden by any stretch, but lots of good times. Bleak now cause I'm 48 and basically in existential midlife angst that's squeezing me like an anaconda day in and out. Next longest were 2 girlfriends at about 1.5-2 years each. I've always been direly monogamous. Although I like to look, I've never cheated. And brothers and sisters, I've had dem opportunities.

I never had a relationship until I was 27. 18 months later we married and that will be 14 years ago at the start of May. We have only know about my Aspergers for the last 3 years and it has explained a lot. I wish that we had know 10 years or more ago as perhaps my wife would have had the energy to cope with me. Now she is so exhausted that she just wants to leave to maintain her well being.

Hear you. I've got guilt about all I've put my wife through. I've nearly left at times, feeling that she'd be better off without me. Probably true, but she doesn't want that. We'll see how it all turns out.....

Wow reading this has really opened my eyes to how hard relationships are for you. My current partner has HFA I am NT. He has had some disasterous relationships and is still bitter from some. He is reluctant to use the term relationship but says he loves me. I have got very good at not being reactive which is so unlike me being the typical NT female! I love this man with all my heart and I want him to experience what a good relationship is. It means my needs often go on the back burner so as not to pressure him but I guess I have to accept that. I truly hope you all find someone who understands you enough to realise that even when we feel hurt and lonely it is never you intention to make us feel like that xx

New Threads

Top Bottom