• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Longer ring finger a sign of autism?

Which is the longer finger?

• Index

Votes: 5 21.7%
  • ring

Votes: 18 78.3%

• Total voters
I could never drive a car with a manual transmission. I had a boyfriend who tried to teach me in a church parking lot, but I was pretty hopeless. I could never get the hand-feet coordination down.
I can ride a bicycle. I'm a gangly, uncoordinated dancer.

BTW I have poor co-ordination and never could ride a bicycle or steer a manual shift car. Is this also common among us aliens?

Oooh, Nanoo small, large headed fellow being! I never enjoyed human physical activities, especially the barbaric treatment of small spherical lifeforms for sport. My species does not treat it's young with such aggression. Indeed, my avatar shows me having a father-son moment ;)
However, I have found running helps with bodily confidence and physical co-ordination; I used to trip over my own feet and my odd gait was a source of amusement to many. Now I run between 2 and 5 miles a day and feel more 'attached' within my own body and much less clumsy :D

Last edited:
Hey spiller I'm 100% with you. I couldn't catch balls of any shape or size most of the time. I used to hate PT at school as I thought myself both too unwieldy and too skinny.

I started running many years ago (but long after leaving school, although I used to do a bit then) and liked running so much that I ran more and more. I progressed to half marathons and eventually full marathons, then ultras of 50-56 km and then in 1990 at age 27 ran an 89 km ultra for the first time. I ran this race every year for seven years then returned in 2010 after a gap of 14 years to run another three. This gave me great confidence and boosted my strength of mind.
I haven't been able to run now for a month due to a painful heel, but am hoping it will begin to feel better soon, before I become an Internet potato...

BTW I have poor co-ordination .........
However, I have found running helps with bodily confidence and physical co-ordination; I used to trip over my own feet and my odd gait was a source of amusement to many. clumsy :D

OH! I know some clumsy people!!!!!! (Me!) and some kids! I know kids!

New Threads

Top Bottom