• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

*Little* Things That Annoy You (Pet Peeves)

Nigerian scams. I've posted the Hog on Craigslist and the scammers have come out of the woodwork. I did some checking and learned that they're robots that look for info in Craigslist postings and then send out a bogus text. I received three all at he same time with almost the same wording, but with different numbers. According to what I found, most come from Nigeria (or one of those places), which is usually indicated by the way they spell certain words like "colour" instead of "color," "tyre" instead of "tire," etc.
I strung along a Nigerian scammer once :p

When they kept asking for my bank account info I asked "her" who would be issuing my direct deposit of millions of dollars...the reply? The Federal Reserve Bank :D

The phone was bought ($9.00) for the sole purpose of doing Craigslist business, which was a wise thing to do in light of what I've been experiencing.

Smart Sportster, very savvy. I'll keep that in mind. My bank advised me to use an issued low funds credit card on the net if I buy anything at all. It tops off at five hundred dollars, and twice the bank has called me to indicate that someone was attempting to use my card to buy something over that amount. Canadian banks have to re-compensate any customer who is scammed through their credit card, so they are pretty up to date on internet thievery.

Another thought, canadians and british still spell color as colour although we spell tire the same way. For some reason it and other words are still used with that 'U'.

Some guy's just rung me up on the Home phone from my mobile network offering fibre Broadband and phone, I spoke to one of their sales Monkeys this morning on Live Chat via their website, and said I don't wish to change my Landline provider at this time, yet they still ring up to pester! WHY?! If I wanted it I would've signed up earlier FFS!

Establishments that have put out Halloween, Thanksgiving, and Christmas decorations all at the same time even though it is only September. :confused::rolleyes:

When I try to start up a convo and the other dude litteraly answer in the shortest way imaginable so that your left with nothing to go on from... Like really mate????

One of the weird things that annoys me at the moment is the phrase "Live, Laugh, Love" that seems to be on every cheap bit of tat in the home decorating stores or stenciled on to people's walls and furniture.

I'm not sure where the phrase came from or why this kind of pseudo philosophical mantra annoys me so much.

Maybe I just struggle with the over simplification of existence into just three words or maybe my problem is with the adoption of them by people as being so meaningful and relevant to them as if they are the only people they resonate with.

I just don't get it and that's why it annoys me.

After reading many of these interesting comments, I'm curious to know how people deal with these things that are highly annoying.

Does anyone else have unusual things that bother them? Um, let me explain,

I get very angry and upset when I see an ad/commercial that assumes it knows what I think like 'You've always wanted to travel to blank...' And I'm like no. No NO NO. I've never wanted to do that. Don't assume you know what I want.

Also I get mad when an ad or sign tells me what to do, like a sign said I needed to buy more shoes or I need to stop and read the advertisement and I'm like, WTF no I don't. Don't tell what to do, that's stupid.

It makes me really upset and no one else understands why, I try to explain it to them but they say that it's just an ad or commercial. I drives me crazy.

If I'm alone, I will back talk the commercial or other ad.

If I'm alone, I will back talk the commercial or other ad.
Sounds reasonable and if it works, even better! Reading this, I was so intersted to see how many people are sent over the edge by advertising. Must have to do with the "untruth" of them.

Sounds reasonable and if it works, even better! Reading this, I was so intersted to see how many people are sent over the edge by advertising. Must have to do with the "untruth" of them.

I don't even have tv anymore, advertising is almost to the point where it can make me angry. It's stupid, deliberately dishonest, and intrusive. If I want a product or service, I will go look for it I don't need an ad.

I don't even have tv anymore, advertising is almost to the point where it can make me angry. It's stupid, deliberately dishonest, and intrusive. If I want a product or service, I will go look for it I don't need an ad.
The only item I ever bought from a TV commercial was a TV that demodulated the commercials. Then I quit watching it over 20 years ago. From what I understand now,a one hour long TV program averages about 42 minutes of actual showtime.

Films that shouldn't be shown before the 9pm watershed (after which movies that contain bad language and other viewing items not suitable for younger viewers are often broadcast) been shown before the 9pm watershed and then have various scenes awkwardly cut or changed.
If you've seen the film before and remember it well, it really jars the experience.

Additionally, films that have awkward cuts in general bug me as well.
For example, when I was younger I had a VHS version of The Muppet Christmas Carol which - during the scene in which Scrooge and Belle break up in the past - Belle actually sings a song which the present-day Scrooge briefly joins in with and, during which, he starts crying.
This helps fit the scene together better when he verbally attacks the Ghost of Christmas Past afterwards and accuses the Ghost of 'tormenting' him.
However, in the TV and even DVD versions of the film, the song is completely cut out - so the entire scene ends up been short with a jarred transition and a lot of the emotional weight lost.

(I'm not going to show the scene as unlike the shops, I don't want to be showing Christmas stuff in September but hopefully I've gotten my points across).

Site's that use the phrase "Not Vinca? Sign out." It feels counterintuitive to select this as an option, as though I'm agreeing with something that isn't true every time I sign out.

Site's that use the phrase "Not Vinca? Sign out." It feels counterintuitive to select this as an option, as though I'm agreeing with something that isn't true every time I sign out.

I have never come across that phrase. Does your (account) name being Vinca have anything to do with it?

I have never come across that phrase. Does your (account) name being Vinca have anything to do with it?

The website where I see this phrase is www.amazon.co.uk.

I think it's likely that everyone who has an account with Amazon will have to select the option "Not (and then whatever the name of the account holder is)? Log Out."

I dont know if its really weird, but sometimes when theres a line of people to do something, and because my personal space is pretty big other people go ahead of me in that line, because they maybe dont understand im waiting in that line. Or maybe they are just assholes :) i havent decided which one.

I dont know if its really weird, but sometimes when theres a line of people to do something, and because my personal space is pretty big other people go ahead of me in that line, because they maybe dont understand im waiting in that line. Or maybe they are just assholes :) i havent decided which one.

They are just assholes.

Does anyone else have unusual things that bother them? Um, let me explain,

I get very angry and upset when I see an ad/commercial that assumes it knows what I think like 'You've always wanted to travel to blank...' And I'm like no. No NO NO. I've never wanted to do that. Don't assume you know what I want.

Also I get mad when an ad or sign tells me what to do, like a sign said I needed to buy more shoes or I need to stop and read the advertisement and I'm like, WTF no I don't. Don't tell what to do, that's stupid.

It makes me really upset and no one else understands why, I try to explain it to them but they say that it's just an ad or commercial. I drives me crazy.
I find advertisements upsetting as well. I feel like they are trying to manipulate me. I also find them incredibly annoying. The exaggerated enthusiasm the actors show for the most mundane products really gets under my skin. My wife dose not understand why they bother me so much.

New Threads

Top Bottom