• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

*Little* Things That Annoy You (Pet Peeves)

Gaping shirts. I find them so distracting.

upload_2016-7-30_15-21-16.png

upload_2016-7-30_15-19-28.png

Attachments

• upload_2016-7-30_15-21-5.png
    upload_2016-7-30_15-21-5.png
    123 KB · Views: 163
Online forms, for the following reasons:

1. The form trying to get you to sign up your email address for different companies, just so they can harass you with sales updates and other spam - especially if the form just automatically signs you up with no warning to you.

2. When you go to say what country you are in - only to be greeted with an insanely long list of countries. A better option would be to type in the country where you're from and then have the form confirm that it's correct.

3. Those stupid squiggly letter/number tests where you have to type in what you see and hope it's correct.

4. When you complete the form (Scenario 1): You complete the form and click 'Next' - on which you get a screen saying you've been 'timed out'. I'm sorry, who was I racing?!

5. When you complete the form (Scenario 1): You complete the form and click 'Next' - on which everything comes back in red.
Form: "You screwed this up, you left that out, you embarrassed yourself here..."
I second that annoyance AGXStarseed! I like the old way of applying for a job. You go, fill it out there and sometimes get hired on the spot. Nowadays, you have to take 100 question assessments and blah, blah, blah

It annoys Michael Mcintyre too:
What I find stupid is the forms that require you to enter your email twice. I can see if its right or not, and nine times out of ten, I'm going to copy/paste it into the second box.

The way British people behave around pools on holiday (I'm a British man, just in case anyone from the UK makes the mistake of thinking I'm slagging us off).

When we're at home and we decide we want to go swimming, it's a relatively simple procedure that goes something along these lines:
  • We decide where we want to go, when we want to go, who with (if anyone) and how much it will cost.
  • We get what we need (trunks, towel, body wash, etc.)
  • We go to our location and pay for our entry.
  • We get changed and prepared.
  • We get in the pool - usually without a fuss - and do what we want to do within the rules.

When we're on holiday abroad, however, a lot of British people (when in groups) seem to enter in this ridiculously complex procedure when it comes to getting in the pool:

• A British person will decide they want to get in the pool.
  • They then declare to their friends "I'm going in" like they're about to take some extreme challenge.
    • "I'm going in", meanwhile, is in fact a coded way of saying "I'm going to test the temperature of the water".
  • They test the water temperature and declare, due to the weather been hot and humid, that the water is "freezing".
  • A second British person already in the pool will then declare the same advice that has been given to you since you were old enough to get in the big pool back home; "It's alright once you're in the water".
    • At this point, however, that advice means nothing.
  • The first British person then gets in the pool as slowly as possible - whimpering all the way like a little school girl and saying "I don't like it...(whining noise)...it's freezing!"
  • Eventually they get deep enough to take a few strokes forward, still whining as they swim forward.
  • At this point, their body finally adjusts to the temperature - causing the pool water to feel warm and the first British person to stop whining.
  • They then - rather frustratingly - repeat the same advice to their friends that has just been given to them a few minutes ago; "It's alright once you're in the water".

:grinning:
Online forms, for the following reasons:

1. The form trying to get you to sign up your email address for different companies, just so they can harass you with sales updates and other spam - especially if the form just automatically signs you up with no warning to you.

2. When you go to say what country you are in - only to be greeted with an insanely long list of countries. A better option would be to type in the country where you're from and then have the form confirm that it's correct.

3. Those stupid squiggly letter/number tests where you have to type in what you see and hope it's correct.

4. When you complete the form (Scenario 1): You complete the form and click 'Next' - on which you get a screen saying you've been 'timed out'. I'm sorry, who was I racing?!

5. When you complete the form (Scenario 2): You complete the form and click 'Next' - on which everything comes back in red.
Form: "You screwed this up, you left that out, you embarrassed yourself here..."

Lord, you would have hated census night here.:D The census form went online, and apparently there are only 50 people living in the country because the system crashed . (Some are blaming it on a foreign hacker, which makes you feel safe...)

When there are a few blades of grass longer than the others around it. I can't just leave it like that. I have to cut them to the same length. Then there will be others that don't look right. So it gets a little tedious, and bordering on OCD.... So usually I try not to look at the grass. Same applies to my hair. A few times, I've been dangerously close to having no hair through trying to get it to look right with all of it being the correct length and not looking weird. So I also very rarely look in the mirror. I don't like what I see and it could get me obsessing and ending up with a bald head...!:eek:o_O:confused:

What drives me crazy is when I talk to a Nt that's really convinced he's right about something. But he's not. And you can do anything, but you'll never make him change his mind, even for its own good. You'll just make him mad at you.
Otherwise, doing something stupid, even the smallest mistake can prevent me from sleeping for days :(

Teenagers and Kids - most times aged between 5 and 11 - who just walk/run across roads without even looking and nearly get hit by cars or other vehicles as a result.
One of the most recent I saw was when I was on a bus and a girl - paying more attention to her phone - just walked straight out in front of us and only missed us by inches because the driver honked his horn at her.
What really wound me up is that when I looked back, the girl was making the 'V' sign with her fingers at us, like it was our fault she nearly got run over.

It bugs me a lot because when I was the kid's age (5/11), I was getting the Green Cross Code hammered into my brain both at school (through my teachers and occasional Police Officers who had visited) and at home (through my parents and TV adverts), yet these guys either are getting a more half-hearted lesson in crossing the road or they just don't care because their handheld technologies are more interesting then their lives.

Does anyone remember/recognise these old adverts?

Teenagers and Kids -
For some reason (I don't know why) children aged roughly 8 years really really annoy me. I don't know what they do or dont do that winds me up. Even when I think of me when I was that age, I think to myself "how frig*in anoying was I ?!! " When they are a bit older or a bit younger they don't annoy me. I have thought many times of why this might be, and ways I will make sure my own son does not annoy the hell out of me at that age!

Does anyone else have unusual things that bother them? Um, let me explain,

I get very angry and upset when I see an ad/commercial that assumes it knows what I think like 'You've always wanted to travel to blank...' And I'm like no. No NO NO. I've never wanted to do that. Don't assume you know what I want.

Also I get mad when an ad or sign tells me what to do, like a sign said I needed to buy more shoes or I need to stop and read the advertisement and I'm like, WTF no I don't. Don't tell what to do, that's stupid.

It makes me really upset and no one else understands why, I try to explain it to them but they say that it's just an ad or commercial. I drives me crazy.

Someone who sees the ad and is not aware of the intention to convince will instantly and automatically assume they DO want the product or somehow need it.

It's somewhat upsetting to think how much Psychology, Neurology and Linguistics those people need to study and apply in order to create addicts through propaganda. They could be changing the world positively with such wide influence and knowledge. They could triple their money, bring about the end of war and be heros, but they prefer to create addicts to useless products.

It's weird how we humans set priorities.

Last edited:
Public Toilets.

If you find one that's clean (no pee on the floor or seat), has plenty of toilet roll, actually has its seat still attached, no graffiti on the walls, doesn't stink and isn't blocked up by heaven-knows-what then you've done really well.
Sadly, the opposite of all the above to some degree is what I'm sure we're all used to seeing.

Last edited:
Those "air fresheners" which are more offensive than that which they are supposed to disguise.

Art work that is spread across more than one canvas. The break in the image feels to me like prison bars blocking the view and interrupting the flow.

upload_2016-9-5_19-47-8.png

The way certain internet communities try to force you to choose one extreme or the other when saying about what you like or dislike about various topics of interest. Here's an example:

You: "I've just got back from watching the new Ghostbusters movie".
Internet Community 1: "Did you love it? - if you didn't, you're a sexist pig and you've got no sense of humour".
Internet Community 2: "Did you hate it? - if you didn't, you're betraying the original and you've got no sense of humour".
You: "...I thought it was okay...some parts were better then the original and others were a bit stupid but it was okay".
Internet Community 1 and 2: "NO! YOU MUST EITHER LOVE IT OR HATE IT! CHOOSE!!!"

The way certain internet communities try to force you to choose one extreme or the other when saying about what you like or dislike about various topics of interest. Here's an example:

You: "I've just got back from watching the new Ghostbusters movie".
Internet Community 1: "Did you love it? - if you didn't, you're a sexist pig and you've got no sense of humour".
Internet Community 2: "Did you hate it? - if you didn't, you're betraying the original and you've got no sense of humour".
You: "...I thought it was okay...some parts were better then the original and others were a bit stupid but it was okay".
Internet Community 1 and 2: "NO! YOU MUST EITHER LOVE IT OR HATE IT! CHOOSE!!!"
Is this a pop quiz? :D

New Threads

Top Bottom