• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

*Little* Things That Annoy You (Pet Peeves)

News sites that post a selfie, but the face is blanked out to protect their identity. What's the point???

A half hour TV show which is really only 20 minutes to make way for adverts, then they spend the first 5 minutes showing you what happened last week and the last 5 minutes showing you what's going to happen next week, and they want 3 minutes of title theme in there too.

I don't own a TV, they're a waste of time. :)

A half hour TV show which is really only 20 minutes to make way for adverts, then they spend the first 5 minutes showing you what happened last week and the last 5 minutes showing you what's going to happen next week, and they want 3 minutes of title theme in there too.

I don't own a TV, they're a waste of time. :)
I skip past those bits. Some even take a minute to show you what they are going to show you after the commercial break.
I never watch live TV.

people who burp loud at the dinner table
i even dislike me burping loud at the dinner table but due to ibs and other stomach issues i cant help it and i am always polite when i do but some people do it shamelessly

Can't you use your phone in those instances? I mean internet on the phone, not making phone calls. I hate that though, I much prefer a big screen and a real keyboard.

Yes, I could use my phone. But I don't want to, for the same reason you cited!

When the NHS app unpredictably doesn't allow you to do the things its purpose is for, so instead you have to keep phoning the practice, which is annoying when you don't like phoning places like that. I downloaded the NHS app so that I can get my prescriptions ordered without having to phone or call into the surgery. Being so everything else is done online these days, the things you want to be done online aren't.

Songs that tell the story of a person who's really suicidally miserable because they have split up from their lover. I guess there are some I like of course, maybe it more depends on the lyrics used.

New songs that bring an existing older song to mind but isn't supposed to relate to the song at all. For example, the song Anti Hero by Taylor Swift always brings ABBA's song SOS to mind, like my brain anticipates it then gets confused, sending adrenaline signals that make me mad and hate the song.

people who burp loud at the dinner table
i even dislike me burping loud at the dinner table but due to ibs and other stomach issues i cant help it and i am always polite when i do but some people do it shamelessly
Sneezing at the dinner table is worse lol. One time I somehow got a bit of food lodged in my sinuses from the back of my throat and a sneeze quickly came before I had a chance to get and go to the bathroom for the sake of people trying to eat. You can guess what happened...

When someone who's the sort to shamelessly do enormous burps opens a can of soda.
ivykik-nope.gif

Last edited:
--Plastic bags at stores that won't open
--Items at stores that do not have prices or unit prices
--very limited selection of boys clothes at big chain stores
(ex. Selling mainly just short sleeve bland polos all year round)
--repair persons that charge by the project than by the hour.
--stores reducing the packaging sizes to deceive the customer
--" I can do whatever I want with my body" statement
--those that say they are either giving 100% effort or tried
everything, when most have not
--those who think of themselves more than others
--people in stores who block the center of aisles and won't move
--people being unaware that in public places being loud is not cool
--those who do not have good hygiene
--salespeople who approach me to ask if I need anything when my eyes are averted away from them.
--handheld small vacuums that work less than ten times
before breaking
--instructions for assembly that are unclear or missing steps
--watches that are not made for thin boned arms
--nutritional information not on homemade bakery items
--lawyer commercials
--religious or political persons coming to my door

I hate how women have all sorts of cool looking shoes with so many different colors and patterns while men have mostly boring looking shoes except for sneakers.

Living in a tropical nation is an absolute nightmare when it comes no noise:

Insanely loud bikes going around a residential area at absurd speed at all times of the day and night.

Many businesses put like industrial grade speakers in their doors and just blast music at insane levels for no logical reason.

Every time there's a long weekend you can bet at least someone on the street will throw a party with insanely loud music until 5:00 A.M.

New Threads

Top Bottom