• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

List your inventions here. What does the world need?

1. A wall calendar that you could customize with your own photos by slipping in standard sized photo prints.(This now exists but didn't when I had the idea).

2. An aquarium charcoal filter which allows for the charcoal to be replaced so one doesn't have to always buy new ones. ( I think this also now exists).

3. A buddy signaling device for scuba divers which could be used to get their attention quickly in case of emergency or to show someone something that uses beeps like Morse code. At the time I had this idea, regulators which allowed divers to talk to each other didn't exist. Now they do but are expensive.

4. A machine which would translate dolphin sounds into Morse code and vice versa so that an analogous experiment to the chimps using sign language could be done.

5. And there was a kitchen gadget but I can't recall what it was, LOL.

Oh and a rechargeable robotic pony sized horse for all those little horse crazy girls to ride until they could get a real horse. The more realistic looking the better.

Bail Bondsman operation catering exclusively to super heroes habitually arrested for obstruction of justice.

Noise cancelling headphones, not just noise reducing. I have the Bose QC 35 11 and I love them, they are fantastic but they don’t cancel %100 of all noise all the time. I would if I could invent cordless headphones that gave the wearer absolutely silence wherever they were, whatever the situation was. Ahhh heaven!

Noise cancelling headphones, not just noise reducing. I have the Bose QC 35 11 and I love them, they are fantastic but they don’t cancel %100 of all noise all the time. I would if I could invent cordless headphones that gave the wearer absolutely silence wherever they were, whatever the situation was. Ahhh heaven!

I know what you mean! Though right now I'd settle for anything that would switch off my tinnitus. o_O

I always imagined a stage of evolution whereby our ears close over sealing out the sound.

Why bother with evolution or wax?

Just fast forward the process by inserting
appropriate DNA from a sea otter,
altering yourself in a way Dr. Moreau
would endorse.

Plug in your all purpose Mental Health Device.
Subroutine: Angst

• “Is this worry realistic?
  • Is this really likely to happen?
  • If the worst possible outcome happens, what would be so bad about that?
  • Could I handle that?
  • What might I do?
  • If something bad happens, what might that mean about me?
  • Is this really true or does it just seem that way?
  • What might I do to prepare for whatever may happen?”

Just best hope you don't forget about anything when you do that.
"Man, this music makes me feel so g- *sniffs* is something burning?"
*Takes off earphones to hear smoke alarm blaring out*

Just best hope you don't forget about anything when you do that.
"Man, this music makes me feel so g- *sniffs* is something burning?"
*Takes off earphones to hear smoke alarm blaring out*

I would be more than willing to take that chance for the sake of some silence, I love it!

I would be more than willing to take that chance for the sake of some silence, I love it!

Fair enough - I'm just saying as I've forgotten that I've turned the bath on before and later gone in to find it millimeters from overflowing because I've gotten distracted.

Another invention idea from me:

An accurate prediction item/app so that you can ask it about a potential situation and decide whether or not it's worth actually doing.
As such, if someone asked you if you wanted to go out to a restaurant or something like that, you could ask the prediction tool whether it would be better to go to the restaurant or to stay at home so you can tell whether you'll have a good experience or whether it's not worth your time and energy.

What does the world need? A kick up the arse. Oh wait, we need an invention...

An arse-kicking machine :D

New Threads

Top Bottom