• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Lego To Help Children With Math

The Penguin

Chilly Willy The Penguin
I found out Lego does have a line of sets to help children for math for the Education sets. Below is an intro video.

Another interesting video I found help with fractions

sign me up for the thomas the tank engine version of the math train,i love that and i have a very low academic level apart from spelling so itd suit me perfect.my cat mr shadow would trash that track though,hes done it to both my hornby thomas train set and my tomy thomas train set.

Actually, Lego blocks lend themselves naturally to this sort of thing. A resourceful teacher or parent really shouldn't need a dedicated set for this.

Actually, Lego blocks lend themselves naturally to this sort of thing. A resourceful teacher or parent really shouldn't need a dedicated set for this.
True but Lego also have the Mindstorm lines which allow children to program robots which is also part of the Education line. You can make many things like in the real world. There is motors, pneumatic, temperature sensor, light senors and more. These types of sets can help gain interest in a technical career for the future. Below video is a good example. Everything is real Lego bricks, motors computer etc. The only part I think is not a official part is the metal part used to crave 3D objects.

It looks like Lego has come a long way since I was a kid! I do wonder though, what the price difference is between the Lego kit and a bonafide milling machine of similar size and capabilities.

It looks like Lego has come a long way since I was a kid! I do wonder though, what the price difference is between the Lego kit and a bonafide milling machine of similar size and capabilities.
That a good question. I know the parts used for the Lego version would cost above $1000. Not just that, you need to program the machine yourself. The person can dream that idea and make it all out of Lego bricks is very creative.

Prior to Lego Mindstorm is Lego Technic. Technic been around since the late 70's. It was basic at first. Later they add motors and pneumatics. The first version of Lego Mindstorm came out in 1998. This help to make the Technic line parts to do more the fact now you can add a computer to Lego that can control Technic line parts.

New Threads

Top Bottom