• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Last one to post their setup wins!

Specs as requested by Emor

yes i have gone into quite alot of detail here

PC:
Windows 7 ultimate x64
AMD AM2+ 9650 quad core @stock speed (2.3ghz)
9800gtxxx 512mb
6Gb RAM @800mhz
600Gb hdd
Antec 300 case loaded with 4 120mm and 1 140mm fans

soon to be upgraded to an AM3 3.4ghz quad core, 8Gb RAM, 2 896mb GTX 275xxx's in sli and 4 500gb hdds in raid 5

Screen:
22inch LG Flatron w2261vp

Speakers:
panasonic compact audio system SA-HM35L, 140 watts of awesomeness :D

Netbook:
Windows 7 Ultimate x86
samsung nc10, 1Gb RAM, 160Gb hdd, 10.2inch screen, 9cell battery
will be upgraded to have a 64Gb ssd, 2Gb RAM wireless n card and upgraded speakers once the warranty expires

External storage:
1tb samsung external
250Gb wd passport
30Gb Archos 404
16Gb sandisk cruzer
4 4Gb class 6 sdhc memory cards
1 2GB sd card

Extras:
slimline external dual layered dvd drive
gps dongle
sdhc reader

Specs as requested by Emor

yes i have gone into quite alot of detail here

PC:
Windows 7 ultimate x64
AMD AM2+ 9650 quad core @stock speed (2.3ghz)
9800gtxxx 512mb
6Gb RAM @800mhz
600Gb hdd
Antec 300 case loaded with 4 120mm and 1 140mm fans

soon to be upgraded to an AM3 3.4ghz quad core, 8Gb RAM, 2 896mb GTX 275xxx's in sli and 4 500gb hdds in raid 5

Screen:
22inch LG Flatron w2261vp

Speakers:
panasonic compact audio system SA-HM35L, 140 watts of awesomeness :D

Netbook:
Windows 7 Ultimate x86
samsung nc10, 1Gb RAM, 160Gb hdd, 10.2inch screen, 9cell battery
will be upgraded to have a 64Gb ssd, 2Gb RAM wireless n card and upgraded speakers once the warranty expires

External storage:
1tb samsung external
250Gb wd passport
30Gb Archos 404
16Gb sandisk cruzer
4 4Gb class 6 sdhc memory cards
1 2GB sd card

Extras:
slimline external dual layered dvd drive
gps dongle
sdhc reader
Now that there is what you would call a super PC. :D

Awesome spec on your main PC, Mike. :D Wish I had some money to throw at my PC.

still waiting for chris to post his up, want to see how it compares, he does have more ram and 3 screens

The RAM is the only strong point, think I've told you before. :p I think one of my gfx cards is okay, probably a bit outdated now. I like my mouse/keyboard though. Ah you'll have to wait and see. :) Lol.

Finally got a couple of pics - only nipped home to grab a few bits, so didn't tidy... it's a f-ing mess. But here it is. :) Lol.

img0118er.jpg

img0127ew.jpg

Nice setup Chris. Are you going to record an album or something?  :D

How exactly does the 3-screen setup work? What would you be doing to need three screens?

It's helpful for a couple of applications - Premiere pro for example, there's is always a use for the extra screenspace. My main use for the screens is cubase though, I have a nice layout. :) I can't remember waht gpu's I have, but one is a nice one for gaming and the other is just a piece of crap for the sake of an extra screen output. :D

I happen to enjoy recording random bits and bobs and I'm working on a cover with Willow, or I will be. :p

Probably Evanescence - Going Under. Might use the studio at college though, depends. :p Might do more covers too. It's all up in the air at the moment lol.

I shall tidy and take some pictures in the dark. It is so on, Calvert. :p

New Threads

Top Bottom