• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Kitty litter, saves the day

The Penguin

Chilly Willy The Penguin
With all the ice around here lately, the supermarket out of road salt, gravel and sand, I had to turn to kitty litter as an alternative solution. It does the job very well. Now I don't need to worry about falling on ice walking 70 feet from my house to the main sidewalk. I found my first use of kitty litter without owning a cat. This is how kitty litter, saves the day :)

I was waiting for your reply.

ea4dfd074bade8f8411e3404893c8ac7.jpg

As long as the cats don't make use of the same kitty litter. Otherwise you might have something else to slip on. :eek:

Actually, if you're owned by a basset hound, kitty litter, mixed with kitty waste, makes something called kitty roca. Why basslets find this treat delicious is beyond me[emoji6]

lol. You've never had a dog, have you :)

We had a Bassett hound when I was young for twelve years. It really doesn't sound like a good thing to be feeding them - or do they get in the litter box when you're not looking? I think I read about this somewhere - oh wait! I just remembered! It was on "My Cat From Hell"! Cat Daddy had to help these people train their dog and cat. So no, it's not a good thing to feed them literally.

Today's trivia: I just found there is a word for this behaviour - Coprophagous.
Try throwing that around at a tea party to show how clever you are :)

Last edited:
Sorry, Penguin :(

Be careful with using cat litter - it's just clay and will get quite slippery (and become a real mess if you use a lot!) But if you live in a icy area, they do recommend keeping a bag in your trunk :)

Sorry, Penguin :(

Be careful with using cat litter - it's just clay and will get quite slippery (and become a real mess if you use a lot!) But if you live in a icy area, they do recommend keeping a bag in your trunk :)
I did learned the hard way. After having ice for 2 months, it starts to melt and gets messy. Though I don't own a car right now. Otherwise I would have found a store haves gravel.

Back to the basset hound eating cat litter .... :D my sister had one (great dog) & he would eat ANYTHING. He had to be watched like a hawk! :dogface: PS - don't slip, stay safe Penguin. There is only one of you & no replacement! ;)

Most dogs unless totally controlled (ie. leashed), will eat just about anything. Its their scavenger nature. Parents also will do it in the wild to hide the lair scent from predators.

New Threads

Top Bottom