• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Just me.

Xologirl

Hello, I guess I am supposed to introduce myself... My name is McKenzie and I am 21 years old and a college student.

I was unofficially diagnosed with autism when I was in elementary school but my mother chose to keep it off of the official records because the school said I would be in special education classes. I am very high functioning.

Basically everything I used to do that would be considered weird to others I learned not to do. But I am having trouble now and my counselor suggested I seek help in places like this. Basically I have high anxiety issues things stress me out that really shouldn't. My chest hurts when I have an anxiety attack, I have low confidence and have gone in and out of depressions since middle school. Right now it seems like my moods are soo roller coastery that I'm going insane,in the morning I'll be happy and joking and at night I'll be depressed and crying.

I have tried many different depression medications (lexapro, Prozac, Wellbutrin, Zoloft, Effexor Xr) all seem to have the opposite effect to make the depression worse, make me just want to sleep and eat or makes me angry/suicudal...

I am trying to find something that will work. I also want to be officially diagnosed and I'm not sure how to go about doing that. I was hoping to find help/resources here.

My interests are dogs, animals, antiques, drumming, and Volkswagens.

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    635.1 KB · Views: 163
Welcome aboard :)
Excellent dog photo, Very styling.
This is a very understanding and helpful community. I can very much identify with the emotional roller coaster of daily living. Having calming music and or activities is very helpful for me.
I hope you enjoy the site and find some answers. Best wishes.
image.jpg

Welcome aboard :)
Excellent dog photo, Very styling.
This is a very understanding and helpful community. I can very much identify with the emotional roller coaster of daily living. Having calming music and or activities is very helpful for me.
I hope you enjoy the site and find some answers. Best wishes.
View attachment 22144

Thank you very much! :)

I've also been dealing with depression since middle school. Reading things on this site have helped me feel better, as it reminds me that I'm not alone in this world and there are other people like me out there. I got my aspergers diagnosis when I was 9, and I don't remember much of how the process went, so I don't have much help to give on getting a diagnosis. But there are lots of other people here who are willing to help. And welcome!

Welcome to the forum. A lot of us deal with anxiety and/or depression. Important thing to realize is that it's ok to be weird, to be different. It's not always easy, and the judgements that seem to come with it (especially during school years) can be detrimental to someone's self-esteem. Just hang in there and try to be yourself; don't give up doing what you like or need. In time you'll find people who'll like you for it.
Hope you can find some good info here and good luck with the dx.

Welcome! Finding "what works," whatever combination of therapy/medication that is, can take a very long time. As for a formal diagnosis, well, I suppose that depends upon where you are in the world.

Anyway, hope you like it here. :)

wyv

New Threads

Top Bottom