• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Judging/Analysing others is a autistic feat?

Do you find yourself creeping on others lifes too often?

• Yes, i find myself often inspecting others in a new environment

Votes: 6 35.3%
  • Kinda, I do it frequently but not everywhere

Votes: 3 17.6%
  • Sometimes, but I rarely think about me doing it

Votes: 3 17.6%
  • Almost never only when the person is very flamboyant in some characteristic

Votes: 1 5.9%
  • No, I never do it

Votes: 4 23.5%

• Total voters
yeah i guess sometimes its kinda creepy because even though i mostly do voyerism, i kinda recall certain people which is ultra weird, for me, when i have to talk or interact with said people.

Well exactly! i think i've said it before but maybe i have more than one behaviour, im very stupid emotionally thats why as soon as it is to talk about my feelings or intentions i normally end up unintentionally lying or contradicting myself sometimes its because of shame sometimes its because of me not being able to form a acurate picture of what was going on in my brain at the time
Although lately i've been mostly ignoring those rules for myself, kinda because i wanted a new hairstyle for a while plus im not in the best mental health.

well im not the most self confident guy but i guess saying this must be cliché in this day and age

I already see charisma on command specially on confrontation(since i see it as either entering in a fight or taking the insult) although it seems to weird to memorize rules for socializing guess that comes with experience
Fortunately or unfortunately due to me being on college now the rat race isnt so apparent, so bullying and "social"(can't say bad words) tests aren't as apparent or with the intent of hurting someones "social status", guess now it serves only to actually get where you are on the social ladder and promote/demote you on that
But im derayling also i can't read books right now, adhd kinda makes it impossible to stay quiet but who knows what i have at this point

Well if you can't do CoC then at least learn to recognize behavior from it. A simple thing to realize is that actions from others that tend toward moving away or going down are negative actions while actions that tend toward you are positive actions.

Example I use is imagine we are an arm's length apart. I am holding a paper bag between us. I go to open it and you ask "what is it"? I say "It is a bag of money for you". How do you react? You reach for it, you smile, your face lifts, your feet are pointed at me.

Now if I say "this is a stinky bag of skunk crap" what is your reaction? Frown, walk away, back off, look down, feet point away from me.

Understand the NT's comfort level and you will get their behavior.

I don't like thinking of the NT's as "the NT's", it makes me unmodest, its against praxis, plus you never know when someone is absolutely insane specially females(its just a sexist joke ok?)

Ok i don't quite undestand what you mean't
Well if you can't do CoC then at least learn to recognize behavior from it. A simple thing to realize is that actions from others that tend toward moving away or going down are negative actions while actions that tend toward you are positive actions.

Example I use is imagine we are an arm's length apart. I am holding a paper bag between us. I go to open it and you ask "what is it"? I say "It is a bag of money for you". How do you react? You reach for it, you smile, your face lifts, your feet are pointed at me.

Now if I say "this is a stinky bag of skunk crap" what is your reaction? Frown, walk away, back off, look down, feet point away from me.

Understand the NT's comfort level and you will get their behavior.

NT is just short for "everyone else that doesn't have autism" so I don't have to write that long statement every time.

Ok even more simplified.
Things people are comfortable with or enjoy - they move towards it, face it, and get close to it. Their face lifts. Eyebrows go up, when you smile the corners of your mouth go up. Your feet point toward the think you like.

Things people are uncomfortable with or don't like - they back up, move away, point their feet in another direction, or frown. Faces drop. Think of an angry face. Eyebrows drop, frown is a dropping facial mechanism.

If you just keep this in your head you can visualize behavior. Toward or Up = like.... Away or down = dislike.

Even in people that are charismatic they display this. This morning I was at the ophthalmologist. I am an extrovert. So I was asking the lovely looking woman that does frames and lenses questions. She was a fast talker, kept eye contact, and was a people person. But despite all her efforts in presenting a positive communicative nature I noticed her feet were pointing away from me while we were standing there. So I told her thank you for your time and let her go. Feet are one of the largest clues about a person's behavior. Her's were pointed away so I knew she was just being polite to me but wanted to do other things. She was a sales person.

I use this all the time in my life to understand when introverts have had enough of me talking lol.

New Threads

Top Bottom