• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

It's official: Resident Evil has lost its dignity, AND identity!

Lemon Zing

Well, if you've followed the franchise for some 20 plus years, I think you will likely agree.

HOWEVER...

I don't think RE8 aka Village looks bad, plays terrible, or anything. But the story just sucks.

The Resident Evil series wasn't supposed to have good writing. It was unironically inspired by bad horror films.

Interestingly enough, one of the ideas for Resident Evil 4 became the basis for Devil May Cry.
(Apologies if you're already aware of that).

As for me, I've never played the games but I've watched the Critical Drinker's "Resident Evil Retrospective" from start to finish.
I can't post any of it here, however, as there is some bad language in the various videos.

The series has always been up and down... I dont even really play it, but I still know that.

And the story elements have always been... well, not bad, but it's one of those series that doesnt go for realism. Which makes sense, the whole thing started with a zombie virus.

And then there was 7, with the near-unkillable psycho father who sorta did the "this isnt even my final form" thing, the mother with the... er... spider thing going on, and then the little girl who possesses the entire house as the final boss, complete with a bonkers transformation. It was pretty wild. Didnt play it myself, watched a playthrough.

And 7 seems to be considered the high point for the series by many.

It was also a pretty experimental game though. 8 is likely similar in that regard, to a point.

I've lost track of where I was going with this.

Well, I watched most of the game on YouTube.

I won't post any spoilers. But just know that the game is bonkers.

New Threads

Top Bottom