• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

It's now official! For good, or bad, or in between

Sherlock77

V.I.P Member
Updated my signature...

Two months later I got I finally got the report of my Autism testing (Covid-19 delays), the psychologist diagnosed me today with Level 1 Autism, no mention of the term "Asperger's".

Level 1 being the lowest level, highest functioning, version

Because the test was done through a gov't program it was done for free through an agency, as I'm seeking a career change after being laid off from my manual labour job back in January (pre-Covid).

I'm not surprised, and it's very positive as it does open up funding options, yet to be explored fully.

And yes, I've been reasonably active, not necessarily here on the forum, unemployed through Covid-19, going for lots of walks and doing lots of photography, and working on some personal projects... Two recent photos that I took, still doing street photography...
A&W Cruise 01.jpg

Artist 01.jpg

Last edited:
Congrats girl! I'm so happy for you that you finally got that darn paper and you can feel reassured. I cannot wait until I can get my diagnosis. That's an amazing start to your art project. I hope everything looks bright in the future for you.

Congratulations on the official diagnosis, the peace of mind that comes with having a level-set to work off of as you manage life, and the funding options.

I do have to say, as we all form mental pictures of our forum brothers and sisters who don’t use their photos; I had you imagined with red hair and maybe a pipe.

I love the photos. I always love your art when you share it.

I hope life continues to be manageable and better than that; more peaceful and fulfilling.

Make it so my friend!

Congratulations on the official diagnosis, the peace of mind that comes with having a level-set to work off of as you manage life, and the funding options.

I do have to say, as we all form mental pictures of our forum brothers and sisters who don’t use their photos; I had you imagined with red hair and maybe a pipe.

I love the photos. I always love your art when you share it.

I hope life continues to be manageable and better than that; more peaceful and fulfilling.

Make it so my friend!

I don't have red hair, and I don't smoke a pipe (or anything), sorry to disappoint you

Bet this a relief, like it's verified finally thru the correct official channels, not something floating around in your gray cells.

I have mixed feelings if l want to know the extent of my distinction. Is this going to change how l look at myself? But l am getting better at dealing with people and rolling with stuff then taking it personally. That's been a big step. Congrats on this new breakthru.

I don't have red hair, and I don't smoke a pipe (or anything), sorry to disappoint you
LOL ...... thank you for the clarification. My disappointment is only matched by my confusion. Wait, now I realize that I have red hair (woman in picture) and smoke a pipe (Sherlock Holmes). Yep, its me. My bad. : )

Bet this a relief, like it's verified finally thru the correct official channels, not something floating around in your gray cells.

I have mixed feelings if l want to know the extent of my distinction. Is this going to change how l look at myself? But l am getting better at dealing with people and rolling with stuff then taking it personally. That's been a big step. Congrats on this new breakthru.

I mostly did the test, as I was laid off from my job and am hoping to do a career change (in my late 40's), and I know I will need all the help I can get... Plus the test didn't cost me a dime, and I know the test can be costly otherwise...

Updated my signature...

Two months later I got I finally got the report of my Autism testing (Covid-19 delays), the psychologist diagnosed me today with Level 1 Autism, no mention of the term "Asperger's".

Because the test was done through a gov't program it was done for free through an agency, as I'm seeking a career change after being laid off from my manual labour job back in January (pre-Covid).

I'm not surprised, and it's very positive as it does open up funding options, yet to be explored fully.

And yes, I've been reasonably active, not necessarily here on the forum, unemployed through Covid-19, going for lots of walks and doing lots of photography, and working on some personal projects... Two recent photos that I took, still doing street photography...View attachment 62844
View attachment 62845

Feels good to know for sure, doesn't it? I wasn't diagnosed until I was 62 and that answered a lot of questions. It was great!

I want that car it your first photo. I believe that's a 58 or 59 T-Bird. I almost always like the subject matter in your photos.

Feels good to know for sure, doesn't it? I wasn't diagnosed until I was 62 and that answered a lot of questions. It was great!

I want that car it your first photo. I believe that's a 58 or 59 T-Bird. I almost always like the subject matter in your photos.

I was less concerned about knowing when I was working, as stated above, but I think I know what you mean

And it's a 1960 Thunderbird...

I was less concerned about knowing when I was working, as stated above, but I think I know what you mean

And it's a 1960 Thunderbird...

Agreed. The ornamentation inside the front grill separates a 1960 T-Bird from a 1959 model.

With our city-wide car show "Hot August Nights", that's a scene that is quite routine to us in Northern Nevada. Sadly due to the virus, it won't take place this year, along with so many other seasonal events here.

Some earlier T-Birds on display in better times:

MPF_0235.JPG

Last edited:

With our city-wide car show "Hot August Nights", that's a scene that is quite routine to us in Northern Nevada. Sadly due to the virus, it won't take place this year, along with so many other seasonal events here.

Here in Alberta there has been lots of informal classic car "cruising" in the absence of the car shows, there is one group of classic car owners I've been hanging out with (carefully... Covid) on Friday nights, it's not the same as a large car show... I've been developing a photo essay of those evenings and plan to continue, it's also part of my weekly face-to-face socializing that I value... One more photo...

We Are Classics 20.jpg

Updated my signature...

And yes, I've been reasonably active, not necessarily here on the forum, unemployed through Covid-19, going for lots of walks and doing lots of photography, and working on some personal projects... Two recent photos that I took, still doing street photography...View attachment 62844
View attachment 62845

Congrats! If nothing else you probably feel some validation. Good luck with everything!

That's awesome. I hope things only get better from here, having an official diagnosis really helps with not only the financial stuff but also getting a real understanding without unneeded questioning.

New Threads

Top Bottom