• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

it is still a roof over my head

Well, in the UK anyone who is of “No Fixed Abode” is counted as homeless for legal, statistical and welfare purposes (you get lower benefits because you don’t have rent & bills to pay: it was £11 a week for a single male in 2002 [equivalent of $23.06US today correcting for inflation]). I was cycling round several different peoples houses because none of them could put up with me for more than three days in a row! (I was very angry, bitter and self-involved at that point)

Why ask if I’d been homeless though?

Sorry, your post was so similar to the OP that I asked the wrong person! I was wondering if the OP has been homeless.

I don’t see what the big deal is. It’s once a year. Get over it. You obviously have no idea what being homeless is like.

I have been out on the street granted one night, but I was unprovoked attacked in a dangerous homeless hostel where the door was not secure I had items stolen, there was someone's blood in the room, there were other scary incidents too

It is partly due to me being really bad at tidying! I do try but was given warnings from the homeless hostel staff, I feel overwhelmed, don't know where to start

It is partly due to me being really bad at tidying! I do try but was given warnings from the homeless hostel staff, I feel overwhelmed, don't know where to start

Does your above post mean that partly due to you being untidy, you don't want to let the gas man in? If so, I'm sure the gas man will have seen untidy homes before. He's not there to inspect your level of cleanliness and organisational skills. He's there to carry out a safety inspection that is required by law.

If your home is in a really bad state, is there anyone who can help you clean it up?

Sometimes as late as around 11pm in the evening there is loud noises outside my council flat door (my door is next to the main door of the block) as a motorcycle is taken through the main door, along the corridor, taken down steps and taken in and out of the back door of the block. Is there anything I can do? There is also the noise of the motorcycle just outside my ground floor window.
I have damp in my livingroom/kitchen (same room) and my bedroom. I told the civil lawyer helping me but she doesn't think the council will do anything due to covid level 4.
In 2019 about half of the ceiling collapsed in my council flat's shower room, damaging the shower bracket and extractor fan, none of these have been repaired, I registered with the civil lawyer in Oct 2019.

I know people who don't have gas in their homes and they get on fine. I am very upset that the council, homeless hostel and autism charity I'm registered with didn't explain to me that I would have to put up with the hassle of safety checks and that I wasn't offered a non gas flat.

So I live in edinburgh scotland, we have a thing called edindex which is a site where residents can bid on flats in a mover status. I have signed a new flat in leith I was in meadowbank before. Its good in the sense that with my current flat the things that stress me wont be applicable in my new flat. But I shall miss the area and all the happy memories!
I am aware that people try to be political correct but I guess it can be keeping a balance of telling some people about rough areas, what to wear (due to strong football influence, what not to drink, in bars) and about smart meters, I have heard negative things and don't blindly go with the majority neccesasarly on things I like to see both sides of the arguments and research all possible info

FWIW, I used to fix appliances, and was into a dozen apartments a day. I remember absolutely nothing about them, even from being in there far longer than a meter reader. If someone had made a fuss about me going in, I probably would have gotten curious.

FWIW, I used to fix appliances, and was into a dozen apartments a day. I remember absolutely nothing about them, even from being in there far longer than a meter reader. If someone had made a fuss about me going in, I probably would have gotten curious.

I would think that the majority of us who work in fields that involve regular interactions with people tend not to remember a given client in general, especially if we interact with many clients, and the interaction is of a routine nature.

What the poster was describing is a tendency for many of us to simply dislike having people in our spaces, or to interact with people with any form of authority as it can be intimidating.

This is ones a year. Consider what living on the street would be like. There are people everywhere, always. There is no door to close to be alone. So essentially you trade in your discomfort you have 1 day a year for something you might very well experience daily. Others have made good suggestions here.

New Threads

Top Bottom