• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Is this game going to make my laptop slow?

Evy the Owl

I'm thinking of buying the sims 2 (the version I like the best) on my laptop. My question is, is it going to make my laptop slower?

Here are some facts about my laptop (see file): Naamloos-1.jpg

Thanks for helping me out!

It should be fine :)
Not sure about your graphics card though, I don't speak/read your language obviously (so that doesn't help either).

I think a game doesn't make your laptop slow... but a game might run slow on your laptop. Perhaps that's what you meant.

What I would suggest is to see if you can allocate more memory to your graphics card. Considering the recommended requirements of the graphics card the sims 2 has, cards around that era already were 128 mb in general, so 64 might not be enough for performance issues.

I can't see what kind of CPU you have, but I think if you run Windows 7 with an 5.8 score, you should be good to go.

As much as I'm not that fond to send people to download 3rd party apps and programs, perhaps you should give this website/app a try? Can You RUN It | Can I run that game | Game system requirements

It has both a webclient and an app to install creates an index based on your computerhardware that compares it to system requirements for the game you select. Seems pretty straightforward to use.

I think a game doesn't make your laptop slow... but a game might run slow on your laptop. Perhaps that's what you meant.

What I would suggest is to see if you can allocate more memory to your graphics card. Considering the recommended requirements of the graphics card the sims 2 has, cards around that era already were 128 mb in general, so 64 might not be enough for performance issues.

I can't see what kind of CPU you have, but I think if you run Windows 7 with an 5.8 score, you should be good to go.

As much as I'm not that fond to send people to download 3rd party apps and programs, perhaps you should give this website/app a try? Can You RUN It | Can I run that game | Game system requirements

It has both a webclient and an app to install creates an index based on your computerhardware that compares it to system requirements for the game you select. Seems pretty straightforward to use.

Could you actually allocate more memory for video card in Windows ???? I always figured that MS Window users usually have some tech guy do this for them, which I figure is why utilities for allocating memory is hard to come by a regular user. I just though that techies have special software for that :/ I dunno, it's been forever since I used Windows and the last version I used was Windows XP ....

I'd be careful on the downloads for Windows, even if it's from the legitimate site, because it could still be riddled with malicious code or the site could be fake. I don't trust the internet that much now-a-days :(

Could you actually allocate more memory for video card in Windows ???? I always figured that MS Window users usually have some tech guy do this for them, which I figure is why utilities for allocating memory is hard to come by a regular user. I just though that techies have special software for that :/ I dunno, it's been forever since I used Windows and the last version I used was Windows XP ....

I could on my laptop, but you didn't do it through windows. You allocated more memory through the BIOS. And since Evy mentioned it's a laptop and I'm seeing shared memory, I'm kinda assuming it's still like that. If not, I'd feel pretty shafted with only 64 MB in GPU memory allocation.

I think you can run the Sims 2 spec wise just fine! I'd be more worried about it overheating, which shouldn't be a problem neither because the Sims 2 isn't very demanding on your CPU or GPU.

It should run fine, unlike a lot of games, stuff like Sims 2 doesn't need a Ninja PC with 5 Gig of RAM to run.

New Threads

Top Bottom