• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Is this an Asperger's thing?

First to " The Black Canvas" so u can see where I'm coming from, I should tell u a little about me. I'm in my 30's and have multiple sp. needs. One of which is being an aspie. I'm a disabilities advocate yes, but FAR MORE IMPORTATLY, I'm a cancer survivor of Stage 4 Cancer that I obtained from side stream and second hand smoke while living in a college dorm wing that allowed smokers a little under a decade ago. I NEVER smoked or even had friends who did it around me. None of my roommates ever even were allowed to smoke in my dorm space. In the winter when there were 10 inches or more of now on the ground every DAY and night I kept my ONE bedroom window open living on the bottom floor, daily and every night. The fire marshall and school HATED this. I was in Vermont and as u can imagine the winters are very cold and my bed was beside the window so I could sleep at night without tasting a stale ash tray in my mouth 24 seven. And suffocate from the stench that came in through the rug, hallway, etc. Before my cancer, I knew I had a very bad sensitivity to the exposure to cigarettes, tobacco, etc. but, it wasn't diagnosed, and I didn't have much proof of it. And let's be honest, even if I did. What were the docs going to say? Don't smoke or hang around it? I, all ready didn't do either, EVER! The bottom line though is, you need to move out ASAP. TRUST ME. I'll post more later, though. Or you need to move with your family AFTER you've or someone(s) convinced and seen lasting your brother clean from tobacco exposure and that mindset for a good while.

What do you think of this idea? Feasible for you now or soon ?

New Threads

Top Bottom