• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Is this a aspie thing or just me being me?

I can't trust my memory. I actually don't do this when I leave, though; I give my door a push to make sure it's closed all the way, and that's it.
I do check the doors several times before bed, though.
And before bed, I always double- or triple-check that my alarm is set and that the vibrating pod it came with is still plugged into the alarm.
Unless I'm so tired that I forget, anyway.

I also experience this, especially with locking the door and turning off the stove before leaving my house. I know that I have never forgotten to do either of these things, but it is a concern every time I leave home. I've gone back home on multiple occasions, but try to talk myself out of the needless fear. The severity of this shifts, but when it was really bothering me I did the same thing- staring at the lock or stove dial to burn their images into my mind to prove that it was fine, but I would still second guess it later, thinking "did I somehow not see the extremely visible and obvious red light that indicates the burner is on?" :tearsofjoy:

I sometimes get this. I may do a certain action and then wonder if I did that action and go back to check if I did that action and I may be surprised when I find out it is already done.

New Threads

Top Bottom