• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Is never too late to find yourself?

blessed-:)

A month ago I was a victim of a severe anxiety and a depression. I was lonely, I could concentrate and I was totally lost. For years I tried every single thing my mind could think of, I tried all to alleviate my symptoms. Every single thing I did not help. All the meditation did help believe on myself though but I still could concentrate. I found myself playing with my hands when I am studying or relaxing. I could focus at anything. My attentions was gone. I started blaming myself. I told myself that I was probably a idiotic and a evil lazy person. It was a horrible. I felt tremendously guilty, specially on my late twenties. I could bare with th idea that I was possibly not caring for himself and my family. It was really depressing. I couldnt bare it anymore. I forced myself to seek help. I thought that perhaps my traumas were the ones to blame for my troubles. I didn't have idea that I was having Aspergers. I believed I had some attention anxiety disorder or a posible depression. But after analyzing my childhood past and my symptoms my sychologist came with the conclusion that I was a Aspie. I have to confess that I didn't believe it at the beginning. But after a long research and a analysys on interviews to people with the same syndrome I became more and more aware of my condition. I was mad I was sad I was happy I was relief because every single thing on my life was starting to make sense. I stopped hating myself and decided to start a new life. I still need to understand more about me and about my battles to come. I will appreciate any recommendation. Thank You.

It is never too late Blessed, to discover aspects of self. Some people never do, spending their lives thinking that they are somehow 'wrong.' And not realizing that their perspective might be skewed by the world around them. I was happy to discover that I was an Aspie, it explained so many things for me, it explained my life. Welcome to the forum.

New Threads

Top Bottom