• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Is God NT?

God is whoever a culture and history projects on to him/ her. God is a projection of us. So God is NT if that is what we need, or God is aspie if we are looking for it.

I have Asperger, grew up going to "church" rejected it for a few years, then I met my wife who is a baptized JW, went along to one meeting, and found out that to me, JW's are the ONLY ones who teach the closest to what the Bible REALLY says, I've found that most other denominations and/or faiths tend to twist words around and add things to what the Bible says to suit their wants and needs. So for me, I dunno... but yeah

Well, god certainly wasn't behind this attack on the website!!

What I find both disturbing and saddening is that people "intelligent" enough to know how to exploit the weakness of the Internet technology, would find this survey a threat to their beliefs! I do think that this planet has evidence of life, but the evidence for intelligence is open to debate...

Atheist Census Taken Offline By DDOS Attack After 17 Hours

Since they don't have any documented comments by "flooders," it is entirely possible that their server simply couldn't handle the volume of people legitimately signing up. Atheist groups have attacked christian websites in recent months (with many obvious hate comments that were plain to see if you went to their website) and got bad press for it. Since no such thing happened to the Atheist census (which I have no problem with), I suspect it may be a publicity stunt to generate more support. This group is free to express it's beliefs without interferance, just like groups of faith and if it was really attacked in such a way, of course that is wrong. But I am sceptical beacause of the way it played out and the timing.

:) that could be true :)

Thing is, I'm a Taoist, but not religious. I don't like the term "atheist" but whenever I try and explain what a philosophical Taoist is, I rapidly come to the conclusion I shouldn't bother! :bounce:

And I wonder of it's a dangerous thing listing yourself like that. I mean, there are no lists of people,in different religions are there? Strikes me that any nutter who got hold of that list could cause trouble.

Oh what a wonderful world it is!! :help:

:) that could be true :)

Thing is, I'm a Taoist, but not religious. I don't like the term "atheist" but whenever I try and explain what a philosophical Taoist is, I rapidly come to the conclusion I shouldn't bother! :bounce:

And I wonder of it's a dangerous thing listing yourself like that. I mean, there are no lists of people,in different religions are there? Strikes me that any nutter who got hold of that list could cause trouble.

Oh what a wonderful world it is!! :help:

I wasn't saying you were an atheist (if it came out that way?). I knew you said you were a Taoist. All I know about that is it is some kind of Eastern form of Spirituality? I never read anything about that one. I'm sure you're thinking, "Oh boy. Here we go again" :) Don't worry- I'll read up on it on my own so you don't have to explain.

I wasn't saying you were an atheist (if it came out that way?). I knew you said you were a Taoist. All I know about that is it is some kind of Eastern form of Spirituality? I never read anything about that one. I'm sure you're thinking, "Oh boy. Here we go again" :) Don't worry- I'll read up on it on my own so you don't have to explain.

:) Taoism is a philosophy rather than a religion. It actually states that it isn't, but it still didn't stop people trying to use it as one! Ah well, people want to turn everything in nature around to mirror themselves rather than realise we don't have to do that! :balanced:

It's a shame that these stupid childish attacks happen in any direction. This is why I haven't signed up for any 'organized' Atheist groups or websites. There has been a lot of Christianity bashing going on BUT I've also personally seen the reverse happen. The Christianity bashers typically are people who were raised as Christians, had some bad experiences & are now embittered & overcompensating by throwing their atheism up into the faces of believers. Notice that, despite there being many things tosts are NOT criticize about Islam & Judaism, they're very careful to watch what they say about these faiths.

Atheists are by no means free in America to openly express their thinking or even say who they are. There's a documentary out about the pressure these families face: some have been run right out of the towns they live in. Parent's 'black-ball' their kids & won't let their children befriend them. For many Christians, Atheists are as bad as devil-worshippers! Atheists are the least trusted group of people in the USA although they have the lowest crime rates of any so-called group.

I think something often goes woefully wrong when we humans begin grouping together around any kind of ideology. There seems to be a need to seek out some common enemy or someone to label as a threat & then go out & persecute them. Dumb!

Soup, I'm just glad we can be on such opposite sides of the "faith" spectrum and still be friends. People can squabble if they like, but our minds are off in Italy together having a grand time while we bump into things and burn our fingers at home ;)

Our minds are gobbling pasta, maxing out credit cards in Milan & riding in gondolas in Venice. When they return, they won't believe the wrecks we've made of their bodies. They'll never trust us alone with these bodies again! I came within scant centimetres of rolling down the stairs just before. Was distracted & in some kind of a haze & I felt my heel slip. Fortunately, my hands were empty & one was holding onto the railing. Close call!

I'm glad we can be friends too, Holly. It's a shame to let someone's religious beliefs or lack thereof prevent them from enjoying each other's company. Neither of us is a dangerous person & bad people come in all colours, shapes sizes & faiths. So do good ones.

New Threads

Top Bottom