• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Is Autoclicker Cheating or Not?

Joshua the Writer

Very Nerdy Guy, Any Pronouns
V.I.P Member
Using autoclicker in video games, especially when using semi-auto weapons such as handguns, is not cheating in my opinion. First off, autoclicker isn't 100% reliable. It often stutters during ram usage spikes, making the semi-auto gun seem more like it is using burst fire rather than full-auto.

There is also the fact that most games with guns in them often require players to control recoil in their games, and different guns have different amounts and patterns of recoil, just like in real life. Autoclicker isn't aimbot. It doesn't control recoil for you. You still have to do that on your own (usually by pulling the mouse down).

Also, I often use autoclicker as a way to avoid developing carpal tunnel, so it has health benefits. Forcing your finger to push a button faster than it is intended to will end up leading to arthritis or carpal tunnel. I don't want either of those things, so I use autoclicker when using semi-automatic weapons in games.

Really the only people who call it cheating are tryhards who think increased risk of carpal tunnel is somehow cool. Just saying. More PC game developers (as well as gamers) should recognize that it is not cheating, as all it does is simply click for you, and nothing else. It's not something that is entirely game-breaking such as aimbot or fly hacks. It's just freaking clicking, nothing more, nothing less.

I use OP autoclicker with these settings:
Screenshot (30).png

Here's the important question: have you gotten banned for it yet? Far as I know, some multiplayer games have a...cheat detection system?

I forgot the exact term for it, but I know some developers are cracking down on it. There's this one guy, pro gamer apparently who got a ban for cheating and he was in tears about it.

Here's the important question: have you gotten banned for it yet? Far as I know, some multiplayer games have a...cheat detection system?

I forgot the exact term for it, but I know some developers are cracking down on it. There's this one guy, pro gamer apparently who got a ban for cheating and he was in tears about it.

You mean this guy?

Of course he got whatever nearly 19 million views pays as recompense lol.

I got a 2 week ban recently for cheating, because I didn't realize what I was doing was a bannable exploit. Although looking back on it I probably should have, even though it's not addressed in the rules/tos.

When it comes to something like autoclicker, there is whether or not someone philosophically considers it cheating vs whether the powers that run whatever game you're playing considers it cheating.

I found out on the forum that some players have argued that the exploit I used shouldn't be considered cheating. But of course that didn't help me any.

Last edited:
I remember when I discovered a talent for rapid button pressing. It was during the torture scene in Metal Gear Solid 1 on PlayStation 1. I could press the button so fast it came up with a cheat warning.

I've used mouse click test sites before and I can click over 7 times a second.

It's a pointless ability - and in shooting games it means I piss through my ammo faster than an alcoholic at a free bar.

Ed

An auto-clicker as a cheat?

Ye gods, no. And if anyone thinks so, frankly someone should slap them.

Something I've said REALLY often when it comes to game design is that developers seriously need to consider that maybe... just maybe... making players click or hit the same button 50 quintillion times in a row every game might not be a big brain move.

I have physical issues. Hell, I'm actually using a vertical mouse because of those issues. I *cant* click over and over. It's not just that, either. I have trouble holding the button down for long periods at times too. I use Autohotkey (very useful program) to deal with both of these things. And I know I'm not the only one. Lots of people have similar issues, or perhaps carpal tunnel, and things like that.

Besides, there's one other aspect: Clicking real fast isnt exactly a demonstration of incredible talent, skill, and practice. If, as a developer, your game is shallow enough that you believe fast-clicking to be an important element of skill in it, well.... maybe it might be time to make things a bit deeper and more interesting.

I mean, seriously, it's the equivilent of thinking that hitting the punch button really fast in a fighting game is skillful (hint: no)

This might be first time I've gotten a protip from someone newer than me :p
Sorry. I didn't realize because I honestly forgot that you were a user on here, no offense.

Most cheat detecting systems don't detect auto-clicker since it isn't a part of a hack client, nor is it script injection. It just simply tells your CPU that extremely rapid clicking is happening when you press the hotkey you have for it.
You mean this guy?

Of course he got whatever nearly 19 million views pays as recompense lol.
I'm pretty sure he got banned for using aimbot . . . in a game meant for young kids, nonetheless. In all honesty, if somebody has to cheat to win against children, then they should not be playing video games.
I got a 2 week ban recently for cheating, because I didn't realize what I was doing was a bannable exploit. Although looking back on it I probably should have, even though it's not addressed in the rules/tos.

When it comes to something like autoclicker, there is whether or not someone philosophically considers it cheating vs whether the powers that run whatever game you're playing considers it cheating.

I found out on the forum that some players have argued that the exploit I used shouldn't be considered cheating. But of course that didn't help me any.
What were you using? If it was something not mentioned in the game's rules, then you could contact the devs and report a false ban, explaining that there was no mention of what you were using.
I remember when I discovered a talent for rapid button pressing. It was during the torture scene in Metal Gear Solid 1 on PlayStation 1. I could press the button so fast it came up with a cheat warning.

I've used mouse click test sites before and I can click over 7 times a second.

It's a pointless ability - and in shooting games it means I piss through my ammo faster than an alcoholic at a free bar.

Ed
Yeah, it kinda is. Clicking fast shouldn't be a determining factor in a shooter. Aiming and reaction speed are the only things that should be the determining factor. Too bad some tryhards think that increased risk of arthritis is cool and is a key determining factor. Because, apparently, who cares if you can aim good, have a fast reaction speed, or help your team play objectives, etc.? All you need is to click your trigger finger real fast with your pistol.

As for the ammo thing, there is a pistol in a Roblox FPS called Phantom Forces (basically Roblox Battlefield, but without vehicles) called the Zip 22, which is a handgun chambered in .22 LR. It does weak damage. However, it does have an attachment that is a 50-round 22lr drum mag, and it has a base fire rate cap of 1,000 RPM. So, basically. It can become the best machine pistol in that game if you use autoclicker.
An auto-clicker as a cheat?

Ye gods, no. And if anyone thinks so, frankly someone should slap them.

Something I've said REALLY often when it comes to game design is that developers seriously need to consider that maybe... just maybe... making players click or hit the same button 50 quintillion times in a row every game might not be a big brain move.

I have physical issues. Hell, I'm actually using a vertical mouse because of those issues. I *cant* click over and over. It's not just that, either. I have trouble holding the button down for long periods at times too. I use Autohotkey (very useful program) to deal with both of these things. And I know I'm not the only one. Lots of people have similar issues, or perhaps carpal tunnel, and things like that.

Besides, there's one other aspect: Clicking real fast isnt exactly a demonstration of incredible talent, skill, and practice. If, as a developer, your game is shallow enough that you believe fast-clicking to be an important element of skill in it, well.... maybe it might be time to make things a bit deeper and more interesting.

I mean, seriously, it's the equivilent of thinking that hitting the punch button really fast in a fighting game is skillful (hint: no)
My family actually has a history of arthritis (from my mom's familiy), and I want to avoid it as much as possible. Games where clicking fast is a determing factor of skill aren't really worth playing, in my opinion (such as clickers). Like, if I went idle and just used autoclicker with those games, I would be on the top of the leaderboards very quickly.

What I find strange is that in offline shooters I excel with my aim and reactions. But in an online scenario I'm literally filled with anxiety and adrenaline to the point of near panic. Instead of my usual accuracy and quick reactions - I miss all the time, panic fire and idiotically rush into unnecessary danger. I think it goes to show if I was in a real life war - I'd be dead within seconds. In fact, when I'm on a kill streak or doing well, I have had numerous panic attacks because it's sensory overload. A mix of excitement and dread etc.

I suppose one key difference is that NPC's on an offline shooter, even on advanced difficulty won't move anywhere near as erratically as people often do in online games. Also, each time I die - the anger builds. And with all that stress and negativity, my performance continues to decline until I rage quit.

Then again, practice makes perfect - but I find online shooters aren't a relaxing experience. I game to switch off and mellow out. Whereas online FPS games amp me up, and make me feel horrid during and afterwards. So, whilst I'm sure I could become just as skilled in them as I am in offline shooters - I don't feel like those sorts of games bring out the best in me.

Right now I'm playing Dayz again. I've tried it numerous times ever since it was an Arma mod and since the early days of the standalone. It's in great shape now, finally playable and with minimal bugs.

I enjoy that game because it's a lucky dip when you encounter others. For the most part it's one of the most relaxing games I've ever played. Running smooth as silk at 4k on ultra on my 55" TV. Exploring 225 square kilometres of countryside and towns and villages etc. It's beautiful and calming - but it's interspersed with genuinely heart racing moments. It almost feels like an experiment on human behaviour. Will you encounter someone hostile? Friendly? Devious?

Once thing I think Dayz portrays nicely is something along the lines of Walking Dead - that often, the behaviour of the survivors is more deplorable than that of the zombies. Whilst zombies aren't exactly "good" - their needs and reactions are akin to a wild animal. Whereas the vindictive nature of survivors can often be outright evil.

In video games I'm addicted to remaking characters, especially in open world or RPG games, thus Dayz is perfect for me. Because I don't feel angry or frustrated when I die and lose everything. In fact, I find it a real joy to start all over again with nothing.

Unlike the chaos of a game like Battlefield or COD - encountering a gunfight on Dayz is rare, so when it happens - and you hear the crackle of nearby bullets, it's all the more engrossing. Often because it's 1 vs 1 - and it's up to you to outwit your attacker. Whereas on Battlefield or COD, everyone around you is sprinting into gunfire and acting recklessly - because they know they'll be back in the fray within seconds of dying. I've lost count of the times I've just killed someone, only to be instantly killed by someone else who I hadn't noticed.

Ed

Last edited:
...Most cheat detecting systems don't detect auto-clicker since it isn't a part of a hack client, nor is it script injection. It just simply tells your CPU that extremely rapid clicking is happening when you press the hotkey you have for it....

So in other words, no. Thanks for the explanation. That answers the question I was asking and the thread title.

I can see why it gets used too - just tried a one-second speed click test and got 8-10 clicks per second, but that wore my arm out pretty quick.

Last edited:
Depends of the game.

I remember back in 2004-2005 when I used to play MU Online the autoclick was banned, though plenty of people used it anyway..

What were you using? If it was something not mentioned in the game's rules, then you could contact the devs and report a false ban, explaining that there was no mention of what you were using.

It was an in-game farming exploit. I made an appeal. No dice.

PvP rank farming. I multiboxed a couple of opponents and kept killing them off to gain barter currency. I came up with the idea on my own. But I certainly wasn't the first one to think it up. Funny thing is they let me keep the rank and currency I accumulated. Multiboxing itself is an exploit of course, but it's allowed there as long as certain third party tools aren't used.

Last edited:
It was an in-game farming exploit. I made an appeal. No dice.

PvP rank farming. I multiboxed a couple of opponents and kept killing them off to gain barter currency. I came up with the idea on my own. But I certainly wasn't the first one to think it up. Funny thing is they let me keep the rank and currency I accumulated. Multiboxing itself is an exploit of course, but it's allowed there as long as certain third party tools aren't used.
What is multiboxing? The first thing that popped into my head is hitting two or more people in the same melee attack (I assumed the boxing part refered to hitbox). A shotgun attack came to mind as well, but that doesn't make sense because thats what shotguns are supposed to due.

What is multiboxing? The first thing that popped into my head is hitting two or more people in the same melee attack (I assumed the boxing part refered to hitbox). A shotgun attack came to mind as well, but that doesn't make sense because thats what shotguns are supposed to due.

Unless the definition has changed, it means playing more than one character/account at the same time. Most often done in MMOs.

New Threads

Top Bottom