• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Is anyone here on Tinder?

Mr Allen

V.I.P Member
Topic.

I know it's a dating app for phones, I downloaded the app earlier but haven't set it up yet.

I'm just concerned that at just over 3 weeks shy of 41 I'm probably too old for it.

I've heard it mentioned a lot on Neighbours so I thought it's possibly an Australian thing but I Googled it and it's worldwide.

Tinder is the site for the app anyway.

So does anyone have any tips on how to use it? Am I right that I'm too old for it?

Given the nature of your question, you might be better off re-posting this thread in the "love, relationships and dating" section rather than technology.

Just a suggestion. After all, this geek only had one formal "date" in his life. ;)

You might also simply google "too old for tinder?" Lots of links commenting about people using Tinder at your age.

I wouldn't worry about your age and being on tinder. It's not like it's actually an app for finding your soulmate anyway, although the makers of it may like people to see it that way.

Tinder is an app to find someone local to have sex with, and nothing more really.

Tinder is an app to find someone local to have sex with, and nothing more really.

I don't agree, I'd just say it was a joke or sometimes a scam haven where people flex their fingers left or right to essentially rate beauty. Most certainly an app for the NTs and not an aspie.

I don't agree, I'd just say it was a joke or sometimes a scam haven where people flex their fingers left or right to essentially rate beauty. Most certainly an app for the NTs and not an aspie.

Maybe you're right, but everyone I know who does use or has used tinder did so to have casual sex. It was a convenience, because they didn't have to go out to town, spend money, get drunk and then wake up with a hangover in some random persons house. It's sort of like the lazy persons one night stand. Doesn't have to even be at night from what I understand :p

I used to use Tinder.
But not for causal sex.
I was using it to actually meet someone and get a relationship that way.
Didn't work out though. So I uninstalled it.

It was a convenience, because they didn't have to go out to town, spend money, get drunk and then wake up with a hangover in some random persons house. It's sort of like the lazy persons one night stand. Doesn't have to even be at night from what I understand :p

lol. That and no "walk of shame" afterwards and more cost effective. Lets be real though, tinder is just a heterosexual version of Grindr.

Tinder does lend itself to casual more, but there are people on there looking for real relationships. It does have a place to fill out a mini-profile which is somewhat accessible and offers it a bit more than simply casual. I don't think Tinder is the right app for me, but I've had slightly more success than other apps. Never tried Grindr, and no interest currently.

Never tried Grindr, and no interest currently.

Lol. Unless you are a gay, or bi-sexual, man then there really is no point. I have heard of straight men going on there, but just to make friends with gay men. I, personally, have never used it, but I have seen how it operates and have heard many refer to it as dangerous and seedy.

But with that said, I do think in and of itself Grindr is a good thing as before hand there were really no apps like it strictly for gay and bi-sexual men.

Also Grindr does have a social justice emphasis that add to it as well (#Grinderforequality).

I downloaded the app, first time I tried to use it the damn thing crashed! So much for that idea :D

I downloaded the app, first time I tried to use it the damn thing crashed! So much for that idea :D

There are a few of posts on Tinder's sub reddit, in 2016, about the app frequently crashing. Although, I remember years ago that people were complaining about Netflix IOS app crashing, but I never experienced it. Ergo, it may be only happening to specific devices.

Personally, I would take it as a sign.

If you want to know how the women on tinder think, there is a video out there where women who use tinder are interviewed. They are some of the most shallow skankiest women I've ever seen. One girl got a message from a guy that read "If you sit on my face, I'll eat my way to your heart." and she was happy to message him back. So, that'll give you an idea of the women who use that app.

New Threads

Top Bottom