• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Is anyone getting Red Dead Redemption 2 on PS4 or Xbox One next week?

Which forma are you getting the game on?

• PS4

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Xbox One

Votes: 1 100.0%
  • I'm not getting it at all

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

Mr Allen

V.I.P Member
Topic.

I enjoyed the original on the Xbox 360 a few years back, so I might ask for the new one for Christmas on Xbox One.

Anyone else interested?

When they pull their finger out and bring it to PC like it should have all this time. After all, GTA was originally a PC title.

Apparently you can run Xbox games on a Windows 10 machine if that helps

I'd be interested if that Microsoft does allow that with Red Dead. Of course me being me I probably wouldn't play it because I haven't touched the first one. It's the reason why I won't touch The Witcher 3. I could just dust off the bloody PS3 and buy a copy of it though. Was meaning to for a while. And also I have a major problem with games just fizzling out on me about 2 hours in...thanks, medication!

I'd be interested if that Microsoft does allow that with Red Dead. Of course me being me I probably wouldn't play it because I haven't touched the first one. It's the reason why I won't touch The Witcher 3. I could just dust off the bloody PS3 and buy a copy of it though. Was meaning to for a while. And also I have a major problem with games just fizzling out on me about 2 hours in...thanks, medication!

Info on PC version of RDR 2.

I've thought about it. I dunno yet. I dont usually get into these sorts of games, but... the original RDR was actually an exception. Even I liked it quite a bit.

I mean, it was buggier than a box of ants, but... that was almost one of it's charms. There was nothing quite like seeing a tree that was rapid-firing horses into the stratosphere.

My biggest question with something like this is.... just how badly will it be affected by the rampant publisher greed? The original RDR was at a time when that hadnt even started yet. But now... those jerks are in full gear, and their speed increases ever further. IF I do end up buying it... there's no way in hell I'll do so until after I've seen *extensive* reviews about it. And probably watched some normal gameplay footage on Youtube.

I’ll wait for the reviews first. I really liked the first game, but that’s not a guarantee I’ll like this game.

And I’ll probably wait for a pc port and for the game to be on sale. My games backlog is big enough as it is.

I always liked the look of the first game and the trailers for the new one look appealing. I just don't want a console to play it on. I can't keep up with the games I want to play on PC, so if I miss out on RDR2 I won't be getting bored ;)

It's not coming out on the PS3, on console it's PS4 and Xbox only.

It's too "grown up" for the Nintendoids.

Are gamers STILL that obsessed with that outdated concept of what constitutes maturity?

Not to mention that, well, considering Bayonetta (among other things), I'm going to say.... Nintendo can be however "mature" they want to be. Note the quotes around that word though. Alot of people really have alot to learn about what that word ACTUALLY means. I mean, how many times have I heard this sort of thing recently...?

The switch is a pretty capable machine. Maybe not as technically adept as XB1 or PS4 but still popular with "mature" gamers. If I were in the market for a handheld it would be top of my list especially since it docks so you can play it on the telly too. A version of RDR2 on that would sell very well indeed IMO.

Not to mention that they're getting to the point where the technical gap between the consoles is getting smaller and smaller. This time around, few people seem to consider "power" to be a selling point, since they're all so close (and really, if you MUST have power, get a PC...)

Of course, all of this only matters so much. In order to sell RDR2 on the Switch, you'd first have to get people to stop playing portable Skyrim to death. If you somehow manage that feat, then you'd have to stop them from then FLIPPING THE HELL OUT when Smash comes out in December. That one in particular could put a big dent in anyone's sales. I mean that's "buy the entire console just for this" level of game, that one. I've lost track now of how many times I've heard "Yeah, I'd buy X game, but I've got this money saved up for Smash and a special controller to go with it". Heard that alot in the months before the previous one, too.

New Threads

Top Bottom