• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Introducing Myself for the Second Time

neilwalker1970

It’s been a while since I posted on here so I thought I would introduce myself again. I’m 50 years old, and was diagnosed with Aspergers 5 years ago, after years seeking treatment for anxiety and depression.

I live with my Mum but I do have a job with the local council doing general data analysis work. I like computer games and photography. I also do yoga and pilates to keep fit whilst we are all in lockdown. I used to go swimming once a week but obviously that’s stopped for now. I go cycling most weekends to get out in the fresh air.

I like going to airshows (that’s been curtailed this year too), and take lots of photos with my camera.

I have some joint problems which combined with my anxiety makes it difficult to have trips and holidays. Among my ambitions is to sort out my joint issues and anxiety and get into hill walking and maybe go on holiday. I would like to do something adventurous like learn to wind surf, paraglide or scuba dive.

Adult with Recent Diagnosis
It has been awhile since the first intro. :)

upload_2020-11-4_15-33-51.png

Hi, welcome back! Sounds like you have some exciting ambitions! Wind surfing and scuba diving sound interesting, paragliding sounds scary! I bet it's amazing though, despite the terror. Hope you'll join in discussions and tell us any tips or strategies you know or try out, others here have anxiety too.

:seedling::dragon::leafwind::snake::cactus::deciduous::leafwind::herb::seedling:

Welcome!

I am also an avid photographer (see my signature), not as much computer games

Definitely like to go for lots of walks (coupled with photography)

"Semi-pro photographer" sounds interesting. I'd be interested to hear more about that.

Mostly a reference that I have been published occasionally in magazines and such, have worked in the past photographing festivals (for nominal money), and "I feel" I have a certain level of skill that I have developed over many years without making it my job, which I don't want to make it my job...

Last edited:

New Threads

Top Bottom