• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

INTJ & Aspie or just INTJ ?

I'm sorry, what?!?
Why would you leave? Your interest in ASD is reason enough for you to be a legitimate member.
I personally find your presence very encouraging & uplifting, it helps keep in perspective that there can be more to life than "Spectrumites vs. TheWorld", and that there are indeed NTs willing to learn about us & participate in building stronger bridges, which is a nice change to the bullying, bashing and rejection. It gives me not just perspective, but also hope.

I see you as an NT Ally, and it's worth so much. Please stay :) (And please don't think you don't belong here)

As for your other question, I'm also an INTJ, but even with all of the overlapping elements, I clearly don't feel it's enough to explain everything, so I don't feel it would be interchangeable with Asperger's, mostly because of the sensory issues, but not just that.

I completely disagree.

I havent disagreed with anyone for ages, so I thought I would do it randomly.

(Even though I agree, brackets are invisible right?)

I'm sorry, what?!?
Why would you leave? Your interest in ASD is reason enough for you to be a legitimate member.
I personally find your presence very encouraging & uplifting, it helps keep in perspective that there can be more to life than "Spectrumites vs. TheWorld", and that there are indeed NTs willing to learn about us & participate in building stronger bridges, which is a nice change to the bullying, bashing and rejection. It gives me not just perspective, but also hope.

I see you as an NT Ally, and it's worth so much. Please stay :) (And please don't think you don't belong here)

As for your other question, I'm also an INTJ, but even with all of the overlapping elements, I clearly don't feel it's enough to explain everything, so I don't feel it would be interchangeable with Asperger's, mostly because of the sensory issues, but not just that.

Wow thanks Katleya (BTW is that an orchid?)> Your post was not only welcome but very informative!

I completely disagree.

I havent disagreed with anyone for ages, so I thought I would do it randomly.

(Even though I agree, brackets are invisible right?)
I'm invisibly sticking my tongue out at you, Kumquat man :p

(BTW is that an orchid?)> Your post was not only welcome but very informative!
Okay, so I was about to rate this "Friendly", but then you mentioned the orchid, and that's exactly what it comes from. I don't think anybody else has ever picked up on it (not just here), or if so they never talked about it.
I just spelled it with a K because of a bad pun on chaos.

So you're going to stay with us, right?

In what way does the Meyers Briggs personality classification system
have any bearing whatsoever?
It does. By understanding how a person processes information you can better clarify whether the qualities of the personality are interfering with a diagnosis or causing confusion. There is a great amount of scepticism over myers briggs because it cannot be scientifically proven. People also get confused on their diagnosis because of their own socialogy and other conditions such as aspergers.

Look how high my scores are (below) on a famous online test. More than many people here who were diagnosed as children, while I am middle-aged and didn’t know until 18 months ago.

I can talk to dozens of strangers in a day with eye contact and I use sarcasm and i am happily married to an NT for the last 16 years. Yet I am currently struggling with terrible health issues where I seem to have worn out my brain to the point I have symptoms similar to concussion and my body can’t regulate itself properly.

I get no help from medical science with ANY of this.

My point is that so little is understood about autism there aren’t any rules. Only guidelines and strategies. And there’s probably lots of people affected out there and have no idea.

Be a part of the process with us. In any capacity.

Last edited:
I'm invisibly sticking my tongue out at you, Kumquat man :p

Okay, so I was about to rate this "Friendly", but then you mentioned the orchid, and that's exactly what it comes from. I don't think anybody else has ever picked up on it (not just here), or if so they never talked about it.
I just spelled it with a K because of a bad pun on chaos.

So you're going to stay with us, right?

Yup. How could I leave all this love?

I wouldn't use MB as conclusive evidence for anything.

It's a personnel sorting device that people seem to take
as something to "believe" in.

It's purely descriptive, based on self report.
Not evaluative, or objective.
Debating whether myers briggs is a real unicorn or not is not the topic. This person opened up with Myers Briggs so I want to enjoy this topic in peace. Thank you.

I'm sure you are free to enjoy this topic as peacefully as you please.

My intention was to clarify the fact that any person may use the
MB device, receive some classification, and yet that doesn't rule
out some other description also being true.

ac75 civil.png

My non autistic friend "brother" who is also a South African is an INTJ. I have also met a non autistic INTP who was and might still be a friend of mine (I am a INTP). The difference I noticed between me and my New yorker INTP friend was lack of focus where as I had obsessions with one thing. You would call my New Yorker friend a scatter brain. Always learning different topics, but consideres unreliable. He had no issues with meeting new people as I do. No social anxiety. In fact everytime I would go see him he was always talking about how he wants a wife. Someone who sees possibilities - INTP. An INTJ wants objective evidence or science. Believes in established science and will continue to strong arm that science at least from my experiences. My INTJ brother is also what you would consider "smart" (excess information)//although I refrain from placing labels as that would be against the book mindset by carol S. Dweck that I have conditioned myself to follow.// I hope this information proves somewhat useful as your first reply seemed that you thought of Myers Briggs as accurate to some extent.

Big text blocks of awkward autistic information. You will probably see a lot of it on this site. At least our first impulse is to be dead honest. ;)

My non autistic friend "brother" who is also a South African is an INTJ. I have also met a non autistic INTP who was and might still be a friend of mine (I am a INTP). The difference I noticed between me and my New yorker INTP friend was lack of focus where as I had obsessions with one thing. You would call my New Yorker friend a scatter brain. Always learning different topics, but consideres unreliable. He had no issues with meeting new people as I do. No social anxiety. In fact everytime I would go see him he was always talking about how he wants a wife. Someone who sees possibilities - INTP. An INTJ wants objective evidence or science. Believes in established science and will continue to strong arm that science at least from my experiences. My INTJ brother is also what you would consider "smart" (excess information)//although I refrain from placing labels as that would be against the book mindset by carol S. Dweck that I have conditioned myself to follow.// I hope this information proves somewhat useful as your first reply seemed that you thought of Myers Briggs as accurate to some extent.

Yes it is helpful. Interesting to hear that INT doesn't necessarily cover the social anxiety part frequent with aspies. I don't actually know if my friend gets anxious per se but it's an interesting question and one I can ask him. He's wonderful about answering questions and has said I can ask him anything. He rarely asks me questions however and that is a divergence form the INTJ profile as far as I can tell. Says he doesn't like asking questions. And we've been talking for 29 months and gaming together from before that.

Yes it is helpful. Interesting to hear that INT doesn't necessarily cover the social anxiety part frequent with aspies. I don't actually know if my friend gets anxious per se but it's an interesting question and one I can ask him. He's wonderful about answering questions and has said I can ask him anything. He rarely asks me questions however and that is a divergence form the INTJ profile as far as I can tell. Says he doesn't like asking questions. And we've been talking for 29 months and gaming together from before that.
We too also game so we have a similar relationship you and I.

New Threads

Top Bottom