• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Interests from childhood that you never really got over

Youre pretty lucky to have a special interest that benefits you as an adult. Very lucky

I've been obsessed with Karen Carpenter/Carpenters since I was about 11 years old in 1982. I spend most of my time at karencarpenter.com posting. It's not really a useful obsession in life as an adult, but I'm stuck with it.

Bubbles (blowing bubbles) & Crayola crayons. Everything about them from each fascinating colour to the texture, scent & the diverse sets & packages they come in enthrals me. Coloured pencils, certain colouring books, marker sets etc. have a similar effect.

Books. I have been collecting rare books since college ( I am now in my forties). My particular focus (authors, genres, periods, etc.) has fluctuated over the years but my obsessive interest in books as objects has never waned (and I hope it never does!)

gemstones :) a recurring theme thoughout my life has been every so often collecting a new load of crystals and gems. they facinate me like nothing else... ok one other thing but this is the pg forum :D

I also love gemstones & crystals & there's a large heavy Amethyst geode on the granite ledge surrounding my bath tub.

Another 'hang-over' interest from childhood is SPIROGRAPH! Does anyone have one they still play with & love?

KALEIDOSCOPES: only now, I like the really well made ones. I used to zone out losing myself & everything else in the ever shifting images & wondrous colours.

Vidyagames (though I don't play them much anymore).
Astronomy-related stuff.
Music.
Rocks.
Coins.

Physical geology (Rocks, Minerals, Gemstones), Obsessed with archeology and history, Stargate SG-1, MacGyver, Teddies.

Paper Dolls!
stickers & seals
really nice colouring books (like those ones Dover makes)

Maps, pictures of nice people, what else?

I am with you on maps. As a kid I'd spend hours looking at our atlas. I have a nice one now, plus a couple books on maps, and we just found these old flight maps from the '50s in my attic in perfect condition- I want to frame them so bad.

I am with you on maps. As a kid I'd spend hours looking at our atlas. I have a nice one now, plus a couple books on maps, and we just found these old flight maps from the '50s in my attic in perfect condition- I want to frame them so bad.

I think many of us are visual people. We want to find out more about our world, through the atlas and the maps. :D

I think I really love maps. I almost always make it a point to look at maps and street directories before I sleep. I think there are lots of info to extract from maps. I am sure, Cerulean, you might also feel the same way, too!

I wanted to edit the previous post, but I was timed out.

well one of my interests, my craft lace, i had stopped messing with for a while and then picked it back up a couple times before this last time that i haven't put it back down again. I also (i don't know it you would actually call it a "childhood" obsession) still love the Backstreet Boys to this day. still have all of the stuff i collected of theirs and I am ready for their new album to come out next year. I have always loved cars and guns too!

Computers. My father actually got his first computer around the same time I was born (1988). According to my parents ever since I first saw the machine I've been obsessed with it.

New Threads

Top Bottom