• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Indy 500

Judge

V.I.P Member
With all these last minute changes going back and forth over performance considerations, I can't help but wonder if there are teams out there who might interpret such things a bit loosely- to win.

I just have kind of a bad feeling about this one. Just hope no one is killed. I've witnessed such a thing at a sporting event, not to mention it was a family friend. Not something I ever want to see in any sporting event.

Hope to enjoy the race on tv anyways...just one of those must see events for me each year.

IndyCar makes changes to cars for Indy 500 qualifying after multiple crashes | USA TODAY Sports

Last edited:
Just read that article. Weird, to implement rules about cars that supposedly are changing and improving all the time. I think it does sound fuzzy and confusing. A rule should apply to all, but how to do that with these cars.

Just read that article. Weird, to implement rules about cars that supposedly are changing and improving all the time. I think it does sound fuzzy and confusing. A rule should apply to all, but how to do that with these cars.

Exactly. It's not like they normally function as a heavy-handed regulatory body that micromanages racing teams. Or at least that's my impression. They follow the rules as it's in their own self-interest...to a point.

It just worries me to think of some stretching the rules...interpreting things to fit squeezing a tenth of a second off their time...that sort of thing. Competition is "through the roof" when it comes to this event.

Or has the technology simply hit a ceiling of sorts where the danger factor is simply too high? :confused:

Too many "flying" cars during time trials...for too many technical reasons. I just hope to see a good race with every vehicle maintaining no less than four wheels on the ground at any time. Scary when some of the drivers themselves are scratching their heads over this.

Well...the race is about to start. Said a prayer for the drivers and spectators. I love this event...but don't want to see anyone hurt. Dangerous stuff about to start....but what a thrill. :cool:

Go Marco!

Last edited:

New Threads

Top Bottom