• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Inconvenient Truths of Life --GO!

Is it though? Take what I said for example. There are tons of hard-working and intelligent people in the world, many of whom are like us aspies, but not all are successful in life (i.e. wealthy, healthy, happy, etc). The idea being that people tend to preach that hard work and a solid education or intelligence is all you need to achieve these things but it doesn't work out for everyone.

True. Like you said- dumb luck.

Is it though? Take what I said for example. There are tons of hard-working and intelligent people in the world, many of whom are like us aspies, but not all are successful in life (i.e. wealthy, healthy, happy, etc). The idea being that people tend to preach that hard work and a solid education or intelligence is all you need to achieve these things but it doesn't work out for everyone.

Truth. You can't "pull yourself up by your bootstraps" if you don't have boots. It's like a 100 people in a 100 meter race,...only for the fact there is 1 person that is starting 1 meter from the finish line, another 20 or so people starting at the 50 meter mark. If everyone in the race puts in an equal amount of effort,...we all have a pretty good idea of what the results of the race will be.

Not everyone is born into a situation where all the resources are there for success. One in a million will be able to pull themselves out of poverty. It's only been as of late that I am learning how all the conventional wisdom of how to be successful in life is nothing more than generations of brainwashing being perpetuated from the poor to other poor people. It's no wonder why the wealthy look down their noses at the poor,...they see the poor as stupid for believing the narrative.

We tell our children, "Work hard, get an education, and you can be anything you set your mind to." Inspiring, hopeful words,...but mostly BS. If we don't give our children the proper narrative on how to be successful and how to obtain those resources,...they will struggle much like their parents.

How about...money won't buy you happiness. Even if you have a ton of money to see a world renowned shrink or the Dalai Lama. The state of contentment has more to do with your innate strength of character and mind. The problem is not everyone has the same mental capacity to handle whatever life shoots at them and some do. That's not to say no one has a shot at some happiness, it's more like the search for it can sometimes take a lifetime. Some are happy with what little they have and some will never be happy no matter how much they accumulate. The start line in the race of life is not the same for everyone, therefore not all philosophies of life will apply to everyone. There will always be exceptions to everything.

The only person you can rely on is yourself. Looking to others to solve or help alleviate your problems will leave you disappointed and vulnerable. Fighting and clawing your own way out of dark places is what makes you stronger and is the only way to address struggle to produce results.

The single most important decision i ever make is who i choose to associate with. We tend to become like those we are around, its natural. A tomato growing in a ditch is basically worthless.

"Governments don't want well-informed, well-educated people capable of critical thinking, That is against their interests. They want obedient workers, people who are just smart enough to run the machines and do the paperwork, and just dumb enough to passively accept it." George Carlin

Amen - long live Ford education

You can lead a horse to water but you can't force it to drink the cyanide laced koolaid.

Last edited:
The_Scream-b902711-scaled.jpg

I haven't completely sorted this out but have narrowed it down to two possibilities:

This was origianlly titled 'Alien caught strolling on a Bridge at Sunset' but the artist was forced to change it by Secret Government Agents.

or

Their really isn't anything to modern art.

I'll add one more here: perception is reality.

I won't bother explaining this one as I'm pretty sure it will take a lifetime to understand. No rush here at all.

That's all I'll contribute to this thread for now.

New Threads

Top Bottom