• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

In the world but not of it.

ucrenegade

V.I.P Member
Starting to understand this better because I no longer know how to be in the world without mentioning Yeshua. I truly talk or mention something regarding him in about every conversation but I am learning when it comes to that you are not allowed to freely do that. You have to be put in a space where it is "allowed" not only in social media but in the world in general,so even if your not forcing your beliefs just talking they have convinced people that just talking or phrases is forcing your beliefs. This is also what the bible means when it says they will call things that are right wrong and things that are wrong right.

The closer and closer I get to Yeshua the further this world becomes and harder to live in it I am not talking suicide I am talking being hated for his namesake. You add autism to that and this world becomes even 100 times more difficult than normal autism.

A good example of this is holidays the ones I do are Leviticus 23 so I have to find a job that lets me have those days as well as the weekly shabbat. Yes it is true the world will hate you for his true namesake not those that are just playing religion and honoring with lips but hearts from him. I am not the judge so I can't condem or judge anyone but Yeshua did give us a way we could at least tell outwardly if they seem to be obeying the bible when he said by their fruits you will know them. Sorry for the rant. does anyone else feel like this?

I follow him best by just trying to be an example. What frustrates me the most is those who say they follow the word and plainly don't. I grew up in the church and went to a religious college and the hypocrisy that I saw at all levels has made it probably impossible to find an organization that I can enjoy being in again. So I do the best I can in my family.

I think most people prefer small talk. Religion is not a small topic, and to be referencing it in most conversations will put a lot of people off - because you will probably come across as quite intense.

If you regularly reference your religious beliefs to people around you - they might assume you're being preachy or "holier than thou". I think this is because people who are devout probably put other people's way of living into question. Even if you aren't religious - when you see someone who has truly dedicated themselves to something, you might look at yourself and start to envy that person's willpower or dedication. Just a theory, but it's a possibility in my eyes.

As @Unclewolverine mentions above - even a lot of people who claim to be religious will integrate it into their lives on different levels. My mum says she's Catholic, but hasn't been to mass since she was a child - and she's in her 70's now. She's taken the bits that work for her etc. A lot of people morph beliefs into an idiosyncratic religion imo. Which might not be "true to the word" but it works for them. I guess you can't begrudge people for that - because it'd just be wasted energy (and probably a sin - somewhere).

But constantly referencing your religion will probably brand you as unpopular to a lot of people, and that sort of social label that is a little tricky to undo in my opinion. People are quick to judge, especially when they witness things that they don't like, or that make them uncomfortable. Things don't change much beyond the school playground mentality imo. I've witnessed it in every workplace I've been to - people will often mock the "weirdos". I've encountered plenty of it myself over the years. Usually it's just "playful" but being the butt of a lot of jokes is frustrating.

Interests and obsessions are great if you come across like minded people. As you said - when there is a platform for you to discuss and debate etc. then that is a wonderful feeling. But with ASD - most will have very intense interests, and these might be referenced to the point that it makes other people uncomfortable.

I used to talk about the same things to Kristy all the time. She didn't care for it, and got to a point where she didn't listen, or would actively point out that I was repeating myself or that she didn't care etc.

Even with people who share my interests who don't appear to be on the spectrum - I quickly find I will run off at the mouth, and then I pick up an awkward atmosphere and I feel like I have to stop talking because it's upsetting people.

All you can really do is try and read the situation. Coming out to strangers with religious quotes would probably be too intense for some people. Rather than referencing your religious quotes - perhaps ask if someone is religious. That way you give them time to talk about their beliefs instead of referencing your own. Whilst religions differ wildly, and you no doubt believe your religion is the correct one (common theme) - I think it's good to talk about other religions. Open your mind, and realise that whilst you might share different beliefs, there is common ground. There is faith - and wanting to dedicate yourself to something you think is bigger, and better than the world around us. There's no denying this world is growing increasingly more selfish, violent and lazy. So having common ground with a belief in something is a good thing to discuss - but be open to other people's beliefs, and perhaps use religion as a general topic for discussion, as opposed to something you frequently feel the need to quote.

Ed

Last edited:
My point exactly we are told in Deuteronomy to talk about it when we rise up and when we lay down but instead of it just being talk or thanks or even a personal viewpoint people have to add feelings where there is none. Oh well h'asatan can have this buttercup world I am looking forward for the millennial reign where he rules with a rod of iron and we don't have to deal with a bunch of nancies. If that makes me a ass so be it.

Not trying to 'fight' you in any way, but didn't Jesus removed the requeriment to do the whole law?
Like some letters from Paul says. Do you 'believe' in Paul letters?

Not trying to 'fight' you in any way, but didn't Jesus removed the requeriment to do the whole law?
Like some letters from Paul says. Do you 'believe' in Paul letters?

No that is what Christians think but not what the bible says. You have to give me exact verse your talking about because sometimes Paul is talking law of sin and other times he is telling the house of Judah and the ten tribes that the way they were doing the law was not always correct and the law itself is useless if you don't have the belief to go along with it. Christians just want people to believe they throw away the law and Judaism just want people to do the law they throw away Yeshua. In revelation though you read in chapter 14 that you need both because that is who Yeshua is. He gave the law and he also followed the law just like he is our Passover lamb not only from the foundation of the world but also at Calvary. That is what Paul was trying to explain to them.

Here is the endurance of the set-apart ones, here are those guarding the commands of Elohim and the belief of יהושע.
Ḥazon Revelation 14:12

No that is what Christians think but not what the bible says. You have to give me exact verse your talking about because sometimes Paul is talking law of sin and other times he is telling the house of Judah and the ten tribes that the way they were doing the law was not always correct and the law itself is useless if you don't have the belief to go along with it. Christians just want people to believe they throw away the law and Judaism just want people to do the law they throw away Yeshua. In revelation though you read in chapter 14 that you need both because that is who Yeshua is. He gave the law and he also followed the law just like he is our Passover lamb not only from the foundation of the world but also at Calvary. That is what Paul was trying to explain to them.

Here is the endurance of the set-apart ones, here are those guarding the commands of Elohim and the belief of יהושע.
Ḥazon Revelation 14:12

How about Galatians 4 and 5.

I think both chapters have something to say about this.

Ok the issue Paul was dealing with is people in the faith were telling Paul that gentiles who want to obey Yahweh and become a heir if Abraham need to keep the law. Paul was telling them that first they need to believe then the works of believing will be obeying Torah. Paul was telling Judah that gentiles did not grow up doing the law instead they did other things like Christmas,Easter,and Halloween. He is saying let the gentiles love messiah first then the Torah will follow because when you have a true heart circumcision then the physical always follows that is how the Rauch works.

In chapter 5 he is saying those that have the belief and then the Torah now the law of sin and death is not applied to you because Yeshua overcame sin and death.

The system of Christianity throws away the fruit of believing and Judaism throws away the fruit that bears belief.

Paul says you need both belief and fruit to overcome sin and death.

"Does anyone else feel like this?" I don't because I don't mention God in every conversation I have like you do. You should keep doing what you're doing in my opinion because you should be free to express your beliefs. However, you're right that just as the Bible says, you'll be "hated" (ie unfavorable, suspect, avoided or even actually hated) for the sake of your religious beliefs. Some Christians consider that a sign that they're on the narrow path and embrace it.

We hear a lot about "virtue signalling" among people who are often considered "woke" or SJW (social justice warriors), terms which those groups I understand take offense at. Labels are rarely given based on the approval of the group being labeled; that would be nice, but no.

When a person speaks of or inserts their religious faith into regular conversation, they are virtue signalling as well.

"Does anyone else feel like this?" I don't because I don't mention God in every conversation I have like you do. You should keep doing what you're doing in my opinion because you should be free to express your beliefs. However, you're right that just as the Bible says, you'll be "hated" (ie unfavorable, suspect, avoided or even actually hated) for the sake of your religious beliefs. Some Christians consider that a sign that they're on the narrow path and embrace it.

We hear a lot about "virtue signalling" among people who are often considered "woke" or SJW (social justice warriors), terms which those groups I understand take offense at. Labels are rarely given based on the approval of the group being labeled; that would be nice, but no.

When a person speaks of or inserts their religious faith into regular conversation, they are virtue signalling as well.

For me is not like sjw 'virtue signalling' is more like i found something really valuable and i would like to share this with others. I don't say i am a christian etc to say i am morally superior or something.

For me is not like sjw 'virtue signalling' is more like i found something really valuable and i would like to share this with others. I don't say i am a christian etc to say i am morally superior or something.

I understand what you're saying. It's a matter of perspective. It's probable that a person who is "woke" believes that their values, beliefs, their "dogma" are things that are really valuable and they feel compelled to share them with others. The moral superiority aspect is certainly an interesting aspect to virtue signalling. I agree with you that not everyone expresses their views on subjects such as religion, politics, "social justice", etc out of a feeling of moral superiority while other people who believe in the subjects mentioned absolutely do.

Ok the issue Paul was dealing with is people in the faith were telling Paul that gentiles who want to obey Yahweh and become a heir if Abraham need to keep the law. Paul was telling them that first they need to believe then the works of believing will be obeying Torah. Paul was telling Judah that gentiles did not grow up doing the law instead they did other things like Christmas,Easter,and Halloween. He is saying let the gentiles love messiah first then the Torah will follow because when you have a true heart circumcision then the physical always follows that is how the Rauch works.

In chapter 5 he is saying those that have the belief and then the Torah now the law of sin and death is not applied to you because Yeshua overcame sin and death.

The system of Christianity throws away the fruit of believing and Judaism throws away the fruit that bears belief.

Paul says you need both belief and fruit to overcome sin and death.

I read something else. But ok i know what you believe now at least. Thanks.

Well like I said the bible says we are to speak about it and the crazier the world gets and the more I see Yah's blessing in my life. Our witness is the light for people if you put it in the category of opinion and not talk about it then you throw away a chance the spirit could be trying to reach you that is how I view it anyway.

Well like I said the bible says we are to speak about it and the crazier the world gets and the more I see Yah's blessing in my life. Our witness is the light for people if you put it in the category of opinion and not talk about it then you throw away a chance the spirit could be trying to reach you.

I totally get what you're saying. I come from an extremely religious family and I respect and believe in a person's freedom to worship and freedom to believe a religion. There are over a billion people in this world that don't have those freedoms.

I'm simply playing the "Devi's Advocate" when I mention "woke", etc. There are many people who believe in social justice ideologies to the level that it is like a religion to them. They would likely say that if they don't talk about their beliefs to others then the opportunity to reach someone and convince them their beliefs are important enough for everyone to adopt, would be missed.

I don't feel morally superior either unfortunately the world has been trained to believe what is supposed to be confidence has turned into being perceived as being morally superior.

I totally get what you're saying. I come from an extremely religious family and I respect and believe in a person's freedom to worship and freedom to believe a religion. There are over a billion people in this world that don't have those freedoms.

I'm simply playing the "Devi's Advocate" when I mention "woke", etc. There are many people who believe in social justice ideologies to the level that it is like a religion to them. They would likely say that if they don't talk about their beliefs to others then the opportunity to reach someone and convince them their beliefs are important enough for everyone to adopt, would be missed.

Yeah I am not trying to change anyone's mind I simply share what I believe to be true that is all I can do. My job is to have a reason for my belief and faith when questioned.

New Threads

Top Bottom