• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

In a week from today, I go under the knife.

Metalhead

Video game and movie addict.
V.I.P Member
The surgeon is going to carve up my septum and my nasal passages and reconstruct them. I won't be allowed to blow my nose for two weeks after the fact. I will be taking one week off work to recover before returning for light duties the rest of the month.

The procedure and the healing is going to suck, but the end results will be worth it. Being able to breathe when I sleep will be worth it. It is going to get a lot worse before it gets better, though.

I think I will spend my week off having a Game of Thrones marathon. All eight seasons in a row. Guns don't kill people - George RR Martin kills people.

Anything else I need to keep in mind during this time?

A part of me wishes one of my friends can take time off to chill with me during my week off so I won't be watching TV and recovering by myself. A very selfish part of me, I will admit. I also want to eat mashed potatoes and ice cream.

The surgeon is going to carve up my septum and my nasal passages and reconstruct them. I won't be allowed to blow my nose for two weeks after the fact. I will be taking one week off work to recover before returning for light duties the rest of the month.

The procedure and the healing is going to suck, but the end results will be worth it. Being able to breathe when I sleep will be worth it. It is going to get a lot worse before it gets better, though.

I think I will spend my week off having a Game of Thrones marathon. All eight seasons in a row. Guns don't kill people - George RR Martin kills people.

A part of me wishes one of my friends can take time off to chill with me during my week off so I won't be watching TV and recovering by myself. A very selfish part of me, I will admit. I also want to eat mashed potatoes and ice cream.
GOT!!! I have all the CDs and today just set up the lower level for the bike trainer, actually a recumbent trike, so I can relax like I was in an easy chair clip in and exercise. Some of the most intense scenes really got me spinning. I intend to watch an episode each day I am on the trainer.

The next series I want to get is Midnight Diner: Tokyo Stories. I already have Boardwalk Empire.

Last edited:
Good luck!

I've purposely not watched Breaking Bad because I want to have something new to watch next time I'm undergoing chemotherapy. Another marathon I've got planned is all of Bill Murray's movies.

One word: ouch

Another word: prayers

Another marathon I've got planned is all of Bill Murray's movies.
I imagine this will really help with a strong recovery. I am somewhat joking, but also serious, as I do believe that laughter and humor has a very healing effect. Great choice!

Good luck!

I've purposely not watched Breaking Bad because I want to have something new to watch next time I'm undergoing chemotherapy. Another marathon I've got planned is all of Bill Murray's movies.

Breaking Bad is mesmerizing. I've watched it several times. And Bill Murray: Kingpin, Lost in Translation, etc. Good choices. And I hope chemo goes well.

Best of luck with the surgery. You seem to be a lot more upbeat since your last post. I know from experience that having confidence and a good attitude goes a log way toward healing. When I was having my cataract surgery last year, I didn't need tranquilizer for the second procedure. Get through the first week, it should go a lot easier after that.

I guess having a tragic film festival while eating blazing hot chicken wings would be a bad idea next month.

Good luck with the procedure! Be aware that you will probably feel like garbage for a few days - that's okay and to be expected. It sounds like you've got your entertainment worked out. Also think about having things around the house that are simple to eat and drink. I'd say also make sure you have plenty of over the counter pain killers.

Good luck with the procedure! Be aware that you will probably feel like garbage for a few days - that's okay and to be expected. It sounds like you've got your entertainment worked out. Also think about having things around the house that are simple to eat and drink. I'd say also make sure you have plenty of over the counter pain killers.
I have CBD gummies for the pain. The doctor advised against smoking CBD for obvious reasons.

I have CBD gummies for the pain. The doctor advised against smoking CBD for obvious reasons.
That's good. You might also want to have some over the counter antiinflammatories as well (Advil for example). Your tissues are going to be swollen for a while.

That's good. You might also want to have some over the counter antiinflammatories as well (Advil for example). Your tissues are going to be swollen for a while.
They said no aspirin or ibuprofen because those thin out the blood.

Oh my. Well I hope it goes well and that you heal up quickly.

This is a big deal. Come chat afterwards, so we can all support you! Don't walk into anything, lol.
Great news, you have come really far, this change your sleep patterns and finally help you feel better.

Getting through the healing will be the hardest, but well worth the outcome.
Best of wishes for you. We'll all be thinking about you.

New Threads

Top Bottom