• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Impressions of Quora Autism and Aspergers Groups

Rasputin

ASD / Aspie
V.I.P Member
I was curious if anyone had joined any Quora groups, and what your impressions were.

I joined a few groups and recently tried to participate in those groups. People post questions for group members to answer. A few of the questions made sense, and I answered. However, most of the questions either make no sense or they ask questions that anyone with a PC with internet access can find answers to. Still other questions seem to be staged so that certain individuals can draft in-depth responses.

Has anyone else made similar observations?

I was curious if anyone had joined any Quora groups, and what your impressions were.

I joined a few groups and recently tried to participate in those groups. People post questions for group members to answer. A few of the questions made sense, and I answered. However, most of the questions either make no sense or they ask questions that anyone with a PC with internet access can find answers to. Still other questions seem to be staged so that certain individuals can draft in-depth responses.

Has anyone else made similar observations?
I find it difficult to avoid responding with "Google is your friend!" Other times I just want to reply, "Baka!"

A lot of people hang out on Quora just for opportunities to show off their expertise - whether they really have it or not.

I avoid Quora at all costs. I accidentally clicked on them once and got spammed badly until I worked out how to unsubscribe. YMMV.

I find it difficult to avoid responding with "Google is your friend!" Other times I just want to reply, "Baka!"

A lot of people hang out on Quora just for opportunities to show off their expertise - whether they really have it or not.

I did make one friend there, so it wasn't a total loss.

I found it more civil than Reddit, but I tend to only read it for history related topics. I didn't realise they had groups.

I agree, when you sign up - the spam is nonstop.

Ed

Glad I didn't, many of the long-term members at Yahoo moved to Quora after it was sold the the first time. And some were quite knowledgable on various subjects. I took a look around at one point, but there seemed to be various cliques of people forming. Similar to Yahoo and Reddit and even WP.

The problem with small cliques is they rarely let others in. And to be frank, I'm more than a little annoyed that my knowledge of various subjects and research, given freely to people could be sold as an asset by one company to another.

Last edited:
I have never participated on Quora. I have only read stuff there I would find via google. I didn't know they had groups there either.

New Threads

Top Bottom