• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Imaginary friends?

I don't have friends. But I do have a very active imagination. I used to spend a lot of time writing so I like to play out scenarios with characters I invent. Sometimes I use a known back drop ie a TV show sometimes the whole world is original. Depends what I am into at the time. I get very attached to these characters and their lives. So they almost become imaginary friends. Currently I am toying with a character called Blizzard. He is a white dragon. He has a dragon and human form. I'm trying to work out how to build a story around him that one day I will put to paper. but I'm rather attached to him and his adventures.

As a kid I wanted to have one, because the idea sounded so cool. But I never could imagine one, maybe I had no ability to combine too many different ideas together, but I also remember thinking, that having one indeed is bit childish. Way to go, six-year-old-me. I was so serious and precocious from very beginning. At this age I have no trouble just discussing myself like three persons would, so I still don't need one. I also enjoy obsessing some well written fictional characters that I believe my creations never could compete.

I have an imaginary competitor: Tereza.
She is an adult female. She is a Biologist by Training working with a wildlife animals. She is a dancer, and has a beautiful hourglass figure.
She likes rock music, she is a progressive, and an open minded thinker, and has a good time management skills.
She motivates me to study and exercise.

I do not have friends
I do not have relationships

only way to live is with my clones

SnapShot(24).jpg

Sometimes I live on Mars

SnapShot(33).jpg

Sometimes I live on Moon

SnapShot(35).jpg

Sometime I have to fight with odd monsters

SnapShot(19).jpg

Sometimes I have to worry about Eye contacts of people

SnapShot(2).jpg

Sometimes just thinking about the space
[video]https://www.facebook.com/video/embed?video_id=196923227127050[/video]

sometimes I have to worry about the explosions
[video]https://www.facebook.com/video/embed?video_id=197281433757896[/video]

Last edited:
I still have imaginary friends at age 21. It's not out of loneliness, more-so out of need to organize my thoughts.

I have just come to grips with the fact that my whole life I have had an imaginary twin inside of me. Both are me, but one is the good me and the other is the naughty me. They are equally as powerful, and as clever. I have the need to rationalize things. I do not always have someone to bounce things off of, and who do I trust more than me?. Plus I see both sides of an issue. When the naughty one gains the advantage, I usually end up in trouble.

I tend to be friends with characters I draw or create for my stories... Heheh, it's kind of weird. But I do feel like drawings listen to me more than some people do. I'm dead serious!

I didn't exactly have an imaginary friend, but I did form an obsession with the comic cartoon strip "Calvin and Hobbes". As hilarious and strange as it sounds, I developed a connection with the character Calvin during my childhood. He may not have taken life off the paper, but he did provide a comfort to the loneliness I felt when I was younger. I seemed to understand his personality and his "life" (even though its a comic) which sort of made him my "imaginary friend" in a way...

I had an imaginary friend in my childhood, but it was never in "the present", it was always in a memory of mine, like I remembered I knew a very good friend before, but after years I realized that place and friend were just imagination, and it felt like the worst thing ever.

I... I won't get into the whole deal, because even among company such as yourselves, it wouldn't be good for your impression of my sanity.

To make a long story short, I'm leading a war on imaginary fronts. And saying that they're imaginary in know way means they're not real.

So naturally there are imaginary soldiers. And many of them have become my friends.

That's all I'll say for now.

Imaginary friend? Yup she changes body shap, hair & skin color. She seduces me or vice versa :p

Last edited:
I haven't had imaginary friends exactly, but I had an imaginary hockey league in my teens. I spent a lot of time keeping up with it, making up teams, players, games, standings and crowned a champion each year.

I also had an imaginary wrestling league too a little younger. The same with the imaginary wrestling league, I made up wrestlers, matches, champions, etc.

When I was little I had a bunch of imaginary friends, all from my favorite cartoons. I was a lonely little boy lol. Currently I have one, and he's an imaginary twin brother that looks just like me, only much wiser, just about as wise as my mother. I guess you could say he's the voice of reason in my head, and he tells me when I shouldn't do something, and gives me advice on how I should deal with my life problems, particularly my deficiency in social interactions.

I think I always had imaginary friends around me and even now. I had big issues with my dad when I was little, because he'd sit on my friend's place a lot... I'm 20 now and I still spent most of my time around my imaginary friend. We have great debates. We travel, ride horses, we do everything together. I barely stopped myself few days ago, mom was watching a documentary about some famous place on tv and my friend and me just went there few days before and I almost blurted out to my mom: I was there, that room on the right is really...

I think she'd start worrying about me if I said something like that :p Sometimes I think it's really unfair that imaginary friends are a taboo. I mean, I'm completely sane. Right?

I used to have imaginary animals! :) I had a pony and a dog. The dogs name was Flipper.

Last edited:
I've hewed a bit closer to reality. I have imaginary people whom I make uncomfortable and avoid me!

I have no imaginary friends. Somehow, a couple of real ones. I don't mind being alone the vast majority of the time, so why ruin it by inventing company?

No, I think books served that purpose for me. The characters were my friends.

Some of this for me, as well. I have always read very avidly. Once you know a well-written character thoroughly, they constitute a sort of presence in your mind. It's like having someone around, so you don't feel as alone, but you don't have to actually interact with these characters. The best of both worlds.

New Threads

Top Bottom