• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

I'm Needing Help Quick Concerning My Neighbor - The Biatch. Meeting tonight.

Grumpy Cat

I need some feedback concerning my neighbor - The Biatch. My neighbor Mary is wanting me to say something to the HOA Board (Mary is on the Board) regarding the problematic behavior we have been having with my next door neighbor. Evidently, the police have been here more times than what I had been aware of, the biatch has a lot of arguments that everyone can hear, slams her front door constantly, BUT the big thing is that another neighbor has voiced her concern that she is scared the biatch will burn the building down. We already know the biatch is drunk 24/7, but Mary lives under her and can hear her falling down constantly passing out. We know that she hallucinates because she has said that she keeps seeing a "ghost". We're afraid that the biatch may pass out while smoking and set the building on fire. She did pass out once and left the kitchen sink running and Mary's condo got flooded.

MY PROBLEM: If I say anything, I'm afraid she will do something either to me or my vehicle. She already almost beat my front door in when she was in a drunken rage. She has pushed Mary down the steps when she was drunk. The woman has nothing to lose. I, however, cannot get into a fight with her because if I went to jail I would lose my nursing license. The HOA has the ability to fine her so much that she will not be able to pay and would have to move. I do know she has received letters from the Board and she was really pissed off. And the last place she came from caught fire, so me and Mary were wondering if she might have started it because she got insurance money from it (she was also going out with a guy from the fire dept. at the time). That scares me. We can't have people like that in our building. Should I say something?

Well, you can't let fear dictate your decisions. I understand that you're afraid, and that you can't afford to get into a fight, but something must be done. This neighbor obviously needs some kind of professional help if she's "seeing ghosts" and suffering from alcoholism, and she cannot stay in your neighborhood in this state. She is a danger to herself and to others. If you are at all afraid for your safety or Mary's safety after speaking up, you should contact the authorities.

I need some feedback concerning my neighbor - The Biatch. My neighbor Mary is wanting me to say something to the HOA Board (Mary is on the Board) regarding the problematic behavior we have been having with my next door neighbor. Evidently, the police have been here more times than what I had been aware of, the biatch has a lot of arguments that everyone can hear, slams her front door constantly, BUT the big thing is that another neighbor has voiced her concern that she is scared the biatch will burn the building down. We already know the biatch is drunk 24/7, but Mary lives under her and can hear her falling down constantly passing out. We know that she hallucinates because she has said that she keeps seeing a "ghost". We're afraid that the biatch may pass out while smoking and set the building on fire. She did pass out once and left the kitchen sink running and Mary's condo got flooded.

MY PROBLEM: If I say anything, I'm afraid she will do something either to me or my vehicle. She already almost beat my front door in when she was in a drunken rage. She has pushed Mary down the steps when she was drunk. The woman has nothing to lose. I, however, cannot get into a fight with her because if I went to jail I would lose my nursing license. The HOA has the ability to fine her so much that she will not be able to pay and would have to move. I do know she has received letters from the Board and she was really pissed off. And the last place she came from caught fire, so me and Mary were wondering if she might have started it because she got insurance money from it (she was also going out with a guy from the fire dept. at the time). That scares me. We can't have people like that in our building. Should I say something?

Pretty valid concerns considering I've been there/am there before myself. However with a condo the stakes are even higher than as a renter. Hopefully you're very well versed with your HOA's CCR's as well as the possible civil consequences arising from such actions.

In essence, you don't want to wind up as a possible co-defendant of your HOA given you aren't on the board to begin with. Mary should seek another member of the board to back policy, if it's legally there and with proper legal counsel.

Don't take on Directors & Officers liability you don't or shouldn't have to.

Last edited:
Well, you can't let fear dictate your decisions. I understand that you're afraid, and that you can't afford to get into a fight, but something must be done. This neighbor obviously needs some kind of professional help if she's "seeing ghosts" and suffering from alcoholism, and she cannot stay in your neighborhood in this state. She is a danger to herself and to others. If you are at all afraid for your safety or Mary's safety after speaking up, you should contact the authorities.

Thank you Ereth. You always speak sense. I kinda know what I need to do, I just need some feedback to be sure. You helped me.

Pretty valid concerns considering I've been there/am there before myself. However with a condo the stakes are even higher than as a renter.

That's where it might be best to back off and only think about prudent ways of defending yourself if such a person were to enter your dwelling with the intent to commit a crime.

I'm not too worried about her breaking in here cause I have an alarm system and a gun if necessary. My concern is the fire possibility since it has happened with her before. We know she is having money problems. So we were hoping the Board could do something - the Board could fine her until she can't pay anymore and would have to move. I am a little worried about running into her on the stairs which happened once and she was with one of her "boyfriends" which I think stopped her because she looked like she wanted to reach and kill me literally. I have a taser that I can carry with me. It's just starting to really get out of hand. I know things aren't going to get better because she is just too far gone with the alcohol - it's just a matter of time when this "something" will happen. We have firewalls, but we know they won't really help because this building has caught fire before by another drunk with a grill and the fire was hard for the fire dept to get control of. Smoke damage went everywhere. I really have no way out of here either if there is a fire except the front door since I'm three flights up. I have looked into those ladder things, but it just infuriates me that I'm entertaining these kind of thoughts in the first place because of that Ass!

I'm not too worried about her breaking in here cause I have an alarm system and a gun if necessary. My concern is the fire possibility since it has happened with her before. We know she is having money problems. So we were hoping the Board could do something - the Board could fine her until she can't pay anymore and would have to move. I am a little worried about running into her on the stairs which happened once and she was with one of her "boyfriends" which I think stopped her because she looked like she wanted to reach and kill me literally. I have a taser that I can carry with me. It's just starting to really get out of hand. I know things aren't going to get better because she is just too far gone with the alcohol - it's just a matter of time when this "something" will happen. We have firewalls, but we know they won't really help because this building has caught fire before by another drunk with a grill and the fire was hard for the fire dept to get control of. Smoke damage went everywhere. I really have no way out of here either if there is a fire except the front door since I'm three flights up. I have looked into those ladder things, but it just infuriates me that I'm entertaining these kind of thoughts in the first place because of that Ass!

Angie, I rewrote my initial post. Go back and consider what I stated very carefully. I underwrote condominium D&O liability for many years. As a property owner and member you don't want liability you don't directly have or need to take. Let the HOA do their job...and see how far they can legally take it.

Unless you are duly elected/appointed as an officer of the HOA, you may not have a legal umbrella to protect yourself in the event an error is made on your part. And your own HO-6 general liability isn't likely to pick this up independently of the HOA's insurer. Make any sense?

Last edited:
Angie, I rewrote my initial post. Go back and consider what I stated very carefully. I underwrote condominium D&O liability for many years. As a property owner and member you don't want liability you don't directly have or need to take. Let the HOA do their job...and see how far they can legally take it.

Voice of reason and experience FTW. I used to work in law: insurance defense, particularly AOAO (HOA) litigation. Do what you can to keep yourself safe (ie. ladder if necessary), take it up thru the board and the cops, and do your best to keep it impersonal and avoid confrontations, including avoiding her. This idiot has virtually nothing to lose, but you have much on the line. People like this have a talent for causing damage, then splitting. Don't get caught in the blast radius. Oh and don't be in a hurry. This is a good time to be patient and avoid rash thoughts or actions. Get together with other residents and maybe have something where you watch each other enter and leave, and keep an eye on each others' property. Maybe park your car elsewhere for a while? Don't be in a big hurry to whip out your piece, either, Yosemite Sam. People like this always move one after a while, and this case is likely to resolve itself, hopefully soon.

Angie, I rewrote my initial post. Go back and consider what I stated very carefully. I underwrote condominium D&O liability for many years. As a property owner you don't want liability you don't directly have or need to take. Let the HOA do their job...and see how far they can legally take it.
Hey Judge. Me again. I used to be on the Board before. She actually owns the condo. The Board won't do anything unless they have neighbors complaining and the only thing they can really do is fine her into oblivion until she can't pay and then put a lien on her property. Even with a lien, she can still live in the condo without paying dues indefinitely and get free water and trash service. The other stuff she's doing (fights, etc) are police matters (or fire dept. God forbid).

Another problem is we have another member of the Board in this building that lives on the other side of the biatch. He tries to remain "neighborly" with her when he sees her and Mary and I think he would tell her who turned her in (I thought of saying something anonymously, but the board member would know that I said something). I personally think that he is scared of her. He saw what she did to my door (he was watching in an upstairs window) and had even said he thought I was going to call the police. If he saw her doing it, why didn't he call? Because he saw what she is capable of, that's why. I'm surprised she didn't break the glass she was hitting it so hard. The biatch has the whole building under her control because we're all scared of what she's going to do next.

Last edited:
Contact the authorities, they will most likely take the situation seriously and have police check up on the area when necessary. Reality is, she's going to prison for alcohol abuse and threatening behavior. Avoid her at all costs, and if she confronts you, avoid it too. Worst thing that could happen is that you could hit out at her, and you could be sent to prison. However in this situation, she is the one causing all the aggravation.

Also talk to your other neighbours , I am sure that they would want to complain. So have them ring up the police too. The more complaints, the more likelihood of her being kicked out and sent away. If the neighbours have witnessed it to, she can get done for GBH, if she has harmed yourself or others in any way. And she can definitely get done for alcohol abuse too. And threatening people.

And I believe if she is seeing ghosts, then she is having hallucinations. And if she is threatening people at knife point; then it could be a case of her having schizophrenia. I have known a lot of people that has threatened me in the past, most of them have schizophrenia.

Even with a lien, she can still live in the condo without paying dues indefinitely and get free water and trash service. The other stuff she's doing (fights, etc) are police matters (or fire dept. God forbid).

You've pretty much answered your own question. Sounds like the board's civil options are really none at all. In that case you really want to refrain from sticking your own neck out in that capacity.

The real answer resides in the criminal realm of the equation. That's where you have to be vigilant and observant so law enforcement and the court can eventually remove her from the property in a manner in which the HOA cannot.

Patience can be a frustrating matter, but sometimes it's really all you have.

Last edited:
Jordan I don't doubt she has some sort of mental disorder. I believe she is having the hallucinations and blackouts from the alcohol use that is in its later stages (we have pt's like that at the hospital). She is drinking 24/7 because if she doesn't she will go into seizures and die. The ambulance came for her a couple weeks ago. I thought that would lay her up for awhile, but she was back home and down for maybe 24 hrs then right at it again the next day. I think she's going to outlive all of us honestly. She just keeps going like the energizer bunny. It's crazy!

You've pretty much answered your own question. Sounds like the board's civil options are really none at all. In that case you really want to refrain from sticking your own neck out in that capacity.

The real answer resides in the criminal realm of the equation. That's where you have to be vigilant and observant so law enforcement and the court can eventually remove her from the property in a manner in which the HOA cannot.

Patience can be a frustrating matter, but sometimes it's really all you have.

Judge, if we wait for the courts to remove her then are we then just waiting for her to attack someone here or, I guess, start a fire? I was hoping that if we tried the HOA they could fine her out of here or possibly she MIGHT change her ways a little. I think either way we go it's going to end badly. I hate saying this, but the only "good" out would be if her health turned for the worst or she had a fatal fall. We always get alcoholics that come in and die from liver failure or falls. How long can she keep going on? I'm just tired of living this way, always on edge.

Oh dear! Well I really hope for your sake that you are keeping safe. Keep away from her. Even in the worse of situations. As it could really be affecting you.

I am still surprised how you are coping in that terrible situation... I would've completely left, because mentally I wouldn't be able to cope. Especially with having Aspergers, I would've completely thrown myself off the handle.

Angela, do stay safe. Everyone at AspiesCentral is looking out for you. I do hope that you keep out of harms way and stay away from her.

Voice of reason and experience FTW. I used to work in law: insurance defense, particularly AOAO (HOA) litigation. Do what you can to keep yourself safe (ie. ladder if necessary), take it up thru the board and the cops, and do your best to keep it impersonal and avoid confrontations, including avoiding her. This idiot has virtually nothing to lose, but you have much on the line. People like this have a talent for causing damage, then splitting. Don't get caught in the blast radius. Oh and don't be in a hurry. This is a good time to be patient and avoid rash thoughts or actions. Get together with other residents and maybe have something where you watch each other enter and leave, and keep an eye on each others' property. Maybe park your car elsewhere for a while? Don't be in a big hurry to whip out your piece, either, Yosemite Sam. People like this always move one after a while, and this case is likely to resolve itself, hopefully soon.

That's funny (Yosemite Sam). The only time I whipped it out was when she was banging on the door. I was so shocked that it was even happening I didn't know what to do. Now I would because I know what she is capable of. She must have beat her daughter up pretty good because the policeman told Mary that if she hears any fighting they want her calling the police next time, but Mary told him that she's scared of retaliation even though the policeman assured Mary that the biatch would never find out who called the police. I don't think I believe that.

Judge, if we wait for the courts to remove her then are we then just waiting for her to attack someone here or, I guess, start a fire? I was hoping that if we tried the HOA they could fine her out of here or possibly she MIGHT change her ways a little. I think either way we go it's going to end badly. I hate saying this, but the only "good" out would be if her health turned for the worst or she had a fatal fall. We always get alcoholics that come in and die from liver failure or falls. How long can she keep going on? I'm just tired of living this way, always on edge.

Under the circumstances I think you've outlined your frustration very accurately.

I wish I had a concrete solution to such a problem, but we live in a legally complex society where real options are terribly limited. Moreso when it involves property owners rather than renters. That said, I think about the same things here surrounded by inconsiderate tenants. I get you...

Where I draw a line in accordance with the laws of this jurisdiction is in the event someone crosses my door to commit a criminal act.

We're kind of unable to leave, at least I am. I've already lost about $25,000 on my property value and I would never get out what I paid into this condo. I also made several improvements and have made it my home. I don't believe that any of "us" should have to move - it should be her. Then she would win again.

We're kind of unable to leave, at least I am. I've already lost about $25,000 on my property value and I would never get out what I paid into this condo. I also made several improvements and have made it my home. I don't believe that any of "us" should have to move - it should be her. Then she would win again.

I took a $94,000 market beating in selling my condo to leave California. I hear ya.

It's funny how law abiding citizens seem to have fewer rights than lawbreakers. Oh, and she's also on disability because I got her disability card in the mail. Her only disability is not being able to raise the alcohol up to her mouth quick enough. I just love going to work so I can pay for her existence while she makes my life a living hell.

Well, I know you're frustrated and she's caused no shortage of problems for you and your neighbors, but I don't think calling her "a biatch" or dismissing the fact that she probably does need a disability card is particularly helpful. I understand it can be difficult to show sympathy for someone who's done you harm. I really do. But she's still a human being. Her addiction just prevents her from acting like one.

That said, the police have ways of protecting people who make calls in situations like this, so please don't rule out contacting them if the need arises.

Sorry Ereth, but I will not stop calling her "biatch" because she deserves to be called much worse. As for her disability, I believe she is abusing the system. It is people like her that give the use of the disability system a bad name and she is taking disability money away from someone who could really use it responsibly. She is not paying her dues, does not have a job because she can't keep one for more than a week (no doubt because of her drinking), but she can afford as much alcohol as she can tolerate and use all of the amenities of water and trash that the rest of us are working to pay for while keeping us pretty much "held hostage" wondering what she is going to do next. She will no doubt be making a nuisance of herself at the pool (another amenity) again this year. Forgive me, but I'm tired of being "nice" to idiots.

New Threads

Top Bottom