• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

If you had been born without ASD, what would you be like?

It saddens me to read some degrading comments about NT. We are all part of a whole and this diversity brings a lot to society. It would be sad to despise the differences since even between us aspies the gaps are impressive.

My 2 cents :hibiscus:

I don't think people despise the differences.
I think differences are being highlighted as an easy form of reference within the concept of the thread.
There's an inherent ambiguity within language and that can be reflected positively.
Or, for brevity, I didn't see it that way.
Yin and yang two tracks on the railroad.

The gaps between us aspied meant ...

Some of us, have careers, have a family. And for other aspie life is more difficult. They are intellectually limited, have a hard time living without the support from the outside.

And this my friend is a fact that is not attributable to NT.

I do not accept that you are attributing your sufferings to my brother and my sister whom I adore and who are NT. How are they responsible?

I understand that you are very uncomfortable with your situation and I sincerely hope that someone will come to your aid.

And finally, be certain that I will never denigrate the people that I love because they are different from me.

My last word :)

The gaps between us aspied meant ...

Some of us, have careers, have a family. And for other aspie life is more difficult. They are intellectually limited, have a hard time living without the support from the outside.

And this my friend is a fact that is not attributable to NT.

I do not accept that you are attributing your sufferings to my brother and my sister whom I adore and who are NT. How are they responsible?

I understand that you are very uncomfortable with your situation and I sincerely hope that someone will come to your aid.

And finally, be certain that I will never denigrate the people that I love because they are different from me.

My last word :)

And my last word is that didnt make any sense.

But hay is for horses.

You see it the way you see it.

I think that I would ended up with a higher educational level of high school, not college.
I also think I would have a greater focussed without taking meds. It would mean that I possible be more skilled with certain things.

It would also mean that I would have less frustration with social interaction. Not that I hate social interaction but I need my "anti-social" moments now sometimes.

It would mean that I would be less stressed out by certain things, wich would make me relaxed.

• but I would not trade my autism for being "normal".
  • I love my autism, because it makes me a stronger person when it comes to learning myself and thinking of solutions.
  • I wouldnt know certain things about myself.
  • I wouldnt have such a strong personality.

Hmm. I'd probably have less anxiety and depression.
I'd probably also be more boring, superficial, and manipulative, because that's how most of my NT family and aquaintances are.

New Threads

Top Bottom