• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

If you could be any tv character who would it be?

Ghostinthemachine

Just for fun if you could be any tv character from a drama/,thriller series or comedy who would it be?

I'll start us off

Drama fbi special agent Dale Cooper in twin peaks as he is the best character

Comedy - rab c nesbitt from the BBC comedy as he's the opposite to me a drunken hilarious street philosophising slob

Eddie from Bottom, because he's so carefree and nothing seems to faze him. He just takes life in his stride and is too focused on himself to be affected by anything around him, yet he's quite popular with friends.

Who would you be if you could be someone who does not exist (a fictional character)? I've spent the last 44 years figuring out who I am, so I think it's kind of a stretch to contemplate being another living person, much less an imaginary one. Now, more reasonably, what TV characters' traits would I like to embody? I can't think of a single one that's distinctly representative.

What I find enigmatic, though, is that fiction is so idealistic, which means that people do know what good ideals are. For some reason, they would rather fantasize about those ideals than to live them. Everyone on TV lives and breathes truth and justice. Real-life people stomp it to death.

Spock.
Of course.
Why is this a question?:oops:
Spock is cool, but I don't aspire to be someone who needs to suppress their emotions. That is the actual canon, that the religion (philosophy?) on their planet holds that they suppress emotions and follow only logic.

Spock is cool, but I don't aspire to be someone who needs to suppress their emotions. That is the actual canon, that the religion (philosophy?) on their planet holds that they suppress emotions and follow only logic.
[Raising eyebrow] That is your perogative.

[Raising eyebrow] That is your perogative.

Nice touch with the eyebrow. An actual Vulcan would have put in a thoughtful pause; "That is.... Your prerogative". I mean, I think logic and reason are great, but I would like to be someone who is not so repressed, because I'm sure I have the capacity to express emotions a lot more than I do. It just probably wouldn't meet societal muster. I've become a lot more open than before. I will occasionally break into song, or yell at gatherings. I have no idea how it's received. I shouldn't care, either. Come to think of it, it's not received well. I mean, my new acquaintances a couple of days ago did ditch me right after I did that, so I can add that theory to the pile, at which point I can throw the entire pile of theories in the trash, because why bother? They can find fault with your pulse or breathing.

Nice touch with the eyebrow. An actual Vulcan would have put in a thoughtful pause; "That is.... Your prerogative". I mean, I think logic and reason are great, but I would like to be someone who is not so repressed, because I'm sure I have the capacity to express emotions a lot more than I do. It just probably wouldn't meet societal muster. I've become a lot more open than before. I will occasionally break into song, or yell at gatherings. I have no idea how it's received. I shouldn't care, either. Come to think of it, it's not received well. I mean, my new acquaintances a couple of days ago did ditch me right after I did that, so I can add that theory to the pile, at which point I can throw the entire pile of theories in the trash, because why bother? They can find fault with your pulse or breathing.
Exactly! You do not need external validation and judgement by those negative people.

I would be a rich dumb bodybuilder with more money than brains on some reality show, getting all of the hot gay guys attracted to me.

Just for fun if you could be any tv character from a drama/,thriller series or comedy who would it be?

I'll start us off

Drama fbi special agent Dale Cooper in twin peaks as he is the best character

Comedy - rab c nesbitt from the BBC comedy as he's the opposite to me a drunken hilarious street philosophising slob
Shows...
I like Lisa Simpson
Jess from new girl
Combination of Monica and phoebe in friends.
Do I think these people define me no
Do I see certain traits of them in me yes sometimes
Also .

I never saw myself like this but buffy summers from buffy the vampire slayer
I never wanted to be like buffy because her responsibilities and burdens are huge and I would rather feel like a normal person.
But I love her as a normal person she is just so fun and loveable and she really cares about her friends and the people she saves. And that is what I like to relate to in her.
However who would want to relate to that amount of burden, trauma and pain of people abandoning you a lot because you are different.
It is not fun to relate to that or how scarred she is in the later seasons and something I would never have wanted to relate to.
It is fun to just feel normal and have a normal life and challenges.
But I know one thing if she needs to up her strength to fight back, she finds it in herself. And I really admire that kind of strength and female characters like that. She is still delicate and sensitive as a woman and has woman desires but she can dig into a well of strength if she needs to
But in the past I never wanted to be like a superhero person, I just wanted to be like a regular person who character.
Characters are only shows but I too watch and sometimes find some traits etc relatable or some feelings or situations.
But at the end of the day I am not a character but a person and no character van truly define me because i am me.

Spock first came to mind.

Spock only wants to repress emotions because he is half human.
If he were pure Vulcan, he probably would not need to repress emotions.
It would be natural.

Right now, Luna Lovegood. Mostly because she knows who she is and isn't afraid to show it, and is incredibly kind and brave and presumably good with animals. And, come on, magic.

Jim Bronson from "Then Came Bronson."

1_f0eb6a91cecbe00ee49431dae8d3b546.jpg

New Threads

Top Bottom