• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

If you became indestructible for a year, what would you do?

AGXStarseed

I got this idea after watching glitch-filled game-play from the video game Skate 3, with the playable character (and some of the NPC's) getting put through the ringer when the laws of physics fail - all of which were pretty amusing to varying degrees.

When I looked at the comments on one of the compilation videos, one of the people had written (albeit slightly altered as I've got guidelines to adhere to) "If I was indestructible I'd be doing [stuff] like this all day."

Reading that got me wondering - if you guys became indestructible for a year (and presumably had the ability to turn your body's pain receptors on and off in that regard), what would you get up to?

• Wingsuit flying,
• Swimming, sailing, and snorkeling in the Tasman, the Mediterranean, and the Pacific around Hawaii,
• Run across Australia, the U.S., and Scotland, Ireland, England, Spain, Italy & Greece.

I think it would be cool to be dropped into a live volcano like Gollum. But after that maybe catch up on my reading.

;)

Rescue all the animals that are in dangerous situations that would otherwise be inaccessible to help, and dismantle nuclear bombs.

Pain free and indestructible I would spend the year wandering the world.
See as many places as possible and wouldn't need much money because if I were indestructible
I would never be physically hurt, need little to eat, find work on ships to sail from continent to continent.

I'd hike most of the time on land and see the one place I've always wanted to see...Machu Pichu.

Me:

"Yeah, that's what I said. Just blast me into space. No, not on a rocket ship. Like, just fling me up there. Don't worry, I'll catch up with the ISS and ask them if I can use the bathroom and microwave a pizza or something.

Oh, how am I getting home? I plan on swimming. Yeah, that's what I said. I'm gonna do the breaststroke through the outer atmosphere, and just kind of wing it from there. Probably skydive or something once I hit gravity.

Meh, I'll be fine. So when do we start?"

Me:

"Yeah, that's what I said. Just blast me into space. No, not on a rocket ship. Like, just fling me up there. Don't worry, I'll catch up with the ISS and ask them if I can use the bathroom and microwave a pizza or something.

Oh, how am I getting home? I plan on swimming. Yeah, that's what I said. I'm gonna do the breaststroke through the outer atmosphere, and just kind of wing it from there. Probably skydive or something once I hit gravity.

Meh, I'll be fine. So when do we start?"

If the idea of a person becoming indestructible for a year was a plot for a film - with a group of teens getting becoming indestructible - I could easily imagine someone at least thinking that idea (at least after they're done getting clicks on social media by making videos where they're beating each other up in ever creative ways).

Heroic and awesome @Gerald Wilgus
Ohhhhh, I don't know about that. Part of it is my intent on being active. And sometimes doing mundane things. Once while riding on a trail, I wiped out around a curve at speed on a recumbent bike (your legs are foreward) and my shoe came out of its clip, jamming my leg into the ground, Double compound tib-fib that also became infected with pseudomonas. A fixator on my leg for several months, four surgeries and IV gen. 4 cephalosporin for a while, and that did in my hearing, but I did not lose the leg. I describe the pin care (steel rods threaded into the bone) as akin to pouring kerosene on my leg and lighting it.

If I became indestructible for a year,...I think there are people who are in positions of power and authority that are,...let's say, a menace on societies,...I'd pay them a visit.

Ohhhhh, I don't know about that. Part of it is my intent on being active. And sometimes doing mundane things. Once while riding on a trail, I wiped out around a curve at speed on a recumbent bike (your legs are foreward) and my shoe came out of its clip, jamming my leg into the ground, Double compound tib-fib that also became infected with pseudomonas. A fixator on my leg for several months, four surgeries and IV gen. 4 cephalosporin for a while, and that did in my hearing, but I did not lose the leg. I describe the pin care (steel rods threaded into the bone) as akin to pouring kerosene on my leg and lighting it.
Interesting description. I know something - unfortunately - about pins. Because what happened to you was not as bad as what happened to my teenage daughter 5 yrs ago…
This thread is not about destruction so apologies to the OP for the tangent.

New Threads

Top Bottom