• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Ideas To Keep Me From Scratching Myself

id like to feel what cats feel when they see or sit on a heavy duty cardboard structure or paper wood i know the theory not the feeling

My boss got me this during his business trip. I play with it a lot while I'm at the office. Mine is lighter green colour and the feet and tail is different. However it is the same size as this photo and nice and soft.
SUSE_Geeko_plush_toy.jpg

I used to have trouble with picking at my skin while I was sitting and not doing anything with my hands, until I got a fidget cube. That thing has worked WONDERS for me. I go to group therapy and I used to have a hard time sitting and listening to the group without sitting and picking at my skin until I got one of those, and now I have stopped picking completely. I definitely recommend getting one.

That is a good topic. I don't pick and pull at the skin under my nails so much now but I do pull out my hair and I am really itchy. I quite like it though.

I have longer fingernails thanks to my fidget cube. I ordered it from Amazon for about $4.00. I can click on it as if it was a pen. I can glide on it as if it was a joystick. I can flip on it as if it were a light switch. I can roll on it as if it were a combination lock. I can rub on it as if it were a rubber ducky.

th

It has a total of six sensory tools on all its six sides: an on/off- switch resembling a light switch, gears, a rolling ball, a small joystick, a spinning disc, a rubbing pad, and depressible buttons. All of these fidgeting options on one cube! Since it can easily fit in my pocket, I can twiddle with the cube without public knowledge.

I have had the cube a few months now. It has lived up to its billing. I keep it with me pretty much all the time except I don’t take it to bed with me. I take it to school with me (substitute teacher assistant) and fidget as needed in my pocket. It helps keep me cool, calm and collected when in the midst of chaos such as in the school gym/playground where 30-something or more sets of lungs or going off.

When I go for walks or jog in place, I take it along and click on its buttons creating a rhythm to step or jog to. Or, use it to count steps as I’m walking or jogging. While I am at a desk in writing mode, I will fiddle with the cube when needing a “brain break.”

I never thought I’d be attached to a cube but that’s the kick about life. It has its surprises. Sometimes those surprises come in small packages.

New Threads

Top Bottom