• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

I wish I had a niche

Markness

Young God
V.I.P Member
Many people I know have their niches but I don’t have one. I am not particularly skilled at anything; I honestly mess up at things instead of excel at them. Most of the time, I just struggle to make it through the day and the boring routines I’ve been saddled with. I’ve made attempts to add variety to my life and change the direction it has been going in since I was 18 but I keep hitting dead ends.

I honestly mess up at things instead of excel at them.

Most people do, whether they admit it or not. Excelling at something doesnt mean always being perfect, always succeeding every time (and if you see someone who DOES seem that way... chances are, what you're seeing from them is highly curated, particularly on the internet).

Well, what I mean is, uh... here's a quote I heard somewhere: "The master has FAILED more times than the beginner has even TRIED".

I think that sums up what I'm trying to say.

I've found the creative writing you've shared to be interesting.

I'd love for you to work on and share more.

here's a quote I heard somewhere: "The master has FAILED more times than the beginner has even TRIED".

Most of the time, I just struggle to make it through the day and the boring routines I’ve been saddled with.
How did you get saddled with these routines? Do you have any autonomy in creating your routines?

Well, what I mean is, uh... here's a quote I heard somewhere: "The master has FAILED more times than the beginner has even TRIED".

People think that success is linear. It's not. It's more like a series of tries and failures. Then you try again, you do better, fail, try again, do better, and finally get to the point where your efforts look pretty darn good.

I am a hobby baker. A few years ago I decided I wanted to bake pies - those 100% homemade pies with double crusts. My first pie was an absolute disaster - didn't even make it to the oven. I salvaged the fruit and made a cobbler. Tried again and managed to have a pathetic-looking fruit dish with some crust on top. Skip forward to this past Christmas where I am now able to bake and serve a double crust fruit pie that looks actually very nice.

That's just an example. It's not a one-and-done thing. Almost all of my early attempts at anything ended up in the trash. But I figure out what went wrong and do it again and fix the problem. Point is you don't give up.

Last edited:
How did you get saddled with these routines? Do you have any autonomy in creating your routines?
The routines are the results of my mother’s control freak nature on the entire family and how clinical depression has affected me as well as how the crummy culture I live in functions.

I’ve had very little autonomy in my life.

I just watched a u-tube video on how the blue LED was made very inspiring my brother told me this story many years ago.

The routines are the results of my mother’s control freak nature on the entire family and how clinical depression has affected me as well as how the crummy culture I live in functions.

I’ve had very little autonomy in my life.

These routines which she imposes----can you give examples?

What routines does she place on the family as a whole?

What routines are specific to you?

New Threads

Top Bottom