• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

I wish I could bypass dating

I Tried a dating service years ago before I met my wife, she stood me up, she wrote a letter explaining it , did not respond, her loss.

Last edited:
Actually, we can not bypass the dating. When you intend to find a bf or gf, you will meet and date with someone, hug, kiss and quarrel, may lead to marry. No dating, no happy!

I wish I didn’t have to date at all and could have a friendship with a woman that becomes a romantic relationship. But it’s hard for me to make friends with women. They usually have boyfriends or husbands already so that’s a non-starter (Especially if their partner disallows them from having male friends. I’ve actually lost female friends because of this.) and women in the culture I live in tend to be pressured to fit a mold such as only having interests that are considered suitable for them and never acting in any way that is “manly”.

Do you live in the US or another developed country?
If you really want to marry someone so bad right off the bat, find a poor person whose visa and such you're willing to pay from a poor, foreign country. Then, you won't have to "worry" about the "dating" so much :/

Hopefully, you would feel fulfilled and would be improving the life of another person in the process.

I thought I could find an nice Church going girl but that did not work. It was an waste of time when only the girls there who talked to me are married or in an relationship. Not one single girl there ever said an word too me which is the same crap I deal with going to other public places.

But if we're always living in the past, we'll never get ahead, or anywhere. The past can be a useful interpretive guide, but that's it, unless what you really want is a repetitive feedback loop of certain events, in which case I offer no advice.

VictorR really has a good point. If you are stuck in the expectation of rejection, how can you even see if anyone is interested in you or not?

Many people on the spectrum are really good with detail. We spot the minutae right away but, in doing so, we miss the big picture. Could you be so focused on the expectation of failure you miss opportunities that are right in front of you?

Last edited:

New Threads

Top Bottom