• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

I want to stop seeing this person

Aspergers_Aspie

I want to stop seeing this person. I know this person from when I lived in a town and he occasionaly likes to meet up but yesterday he constantly stressed me although I didnt react. He kept telling me to lower my voice, I said aspies can talk loudly he said its not the rule. He asked if I always keep my phone and wallet on the table Im sitting at, (I do if I dont have a zip on my pocket) I asked questions that I would anyone for a normal conversation and he said do I have to explain myself to you, I told him I enjoyed my recent belfast trip with a friend he told me not to mention ireland as people are touchy about this subject but later on he talked about catholics and protestents, I told him I was in a tesco and a customer was annoyed and asked for his receipt as the shop assistant binned it then had trouble finding it amongst other receipts, he said dont talk about that in here (it was a shop) and said security can throw you out for that.

Your description of events is not very clear but is appears this person is manipulative and controlling.

If anyone ever makes you feel uncomfortable for any reason walk away. Your physical safety and mental health are the most important.

Echo on mr wiener dude. Seems like a weirdo. "We dont talk about that" eww gross. Thing is most of the people who totally suck, want to tell you why they suck so much, it's like sharing for them, only what they have to share is mostly turd soup!
See that's why they are so unhappy in general, because they feel like they have to make turd soup, it's like their personal goal to spread the muck around, so you can sympathize. "Let me tell you about my favorite recipe for despair and loathing" and of course ;

" stop talking about anything, everything and listen to me tell you about how much everything sucks, but shhhhh it's a secret, they might be listening."

For me though I would rather have happy people in my life, I dont want to be a toxic waste bucket. There are questions to dial it all in with, but it's one of those Pearl's before swine things, why even bother?

See thing is that this day you had with mr wiener was likely the person's best behavior! At home they likely drink alot, alone in the dark, wearing a tinfoil hat, while looking for spooky secrets to get uptight about, online.

Renaissance is a culture of uplift, cooperation and acceptance. Among the Wise, you are encouraged to speak, because the Light of Truth will Illuminate the World that Is.

If they bother you than stay away from them and block them on your phone and social media.If they persist in stalking then get an order of protection.

Excellent. I mean...if this person is so adept at understanding unwritten, unspoken and unnecessary "rules of conduct", then he should have no problems when you ghost him.

Last edited:
Thanks for the replies. He's not usually like that.

Making excuses, dismissing poor behavior, diminishing the importance of another's misbehavior are classic symptoms of a codependent relationship.

You were quite upset when you made your original post so this event is not "nothing".

"Not usually" can be infered to mean whatever one wants it to mean. 1 time in 10? 1 time in 5? Even 1 in 3 means 2/3rds of the time he is different. But is that really enough?

Just consider how you felt last night. Will keeping this fellow around lead to more of the same? Make good desicions.

Making excuses, dismissing poor behavior, diminishing the importance of another's misbehavior are classic symptoms of a codependent relationship.

You were quite upset when you made your original post so this event is not "nothing".

Good points. One ties into the other...exposing that the OP's concerns are likely neither minor or based on a single incident. Considerations calling for a more critical resolve, like what I mentioned in my post above.

Great opportunity to make up excuses next time he wants to meet up. Like you are under quarantine because you have Covid. Then the Delta, and Omicron after that. When you run out of variants, make up some new ones. Then branch out to Ebola, Leprosy and Dropsy. I don't know what Dropsy is, but it sounds bad.

;)

Great opportunity to make up excuses next time he wants to meet up. Like you are under quarantine because you have Covid. Then the Delta, and Omicron after that. When you run out of variants, make up some new ones. Then branch out to Ebola, Leprosy and Dropsy. I don't know what Dropsy is, but it sounds bad.

;)

Covid variants? :confused:

I thought "Omicron" was just another audible that Payton Manning yelled at the line of scrimmage. :p

This person emailed me photos of training shoes he bought and cakes from a bakery. So I emailed him a photo of a coffee I had and he typed I know what a coffee looks like!

I want to stop seeing this person. I know this person from when I lived in a town and he occasionaly likes to meet up but yesterday he constantly stressed me although I didnt react. He kept telling me to lower my voice, I said aspies can talk loudly he said its not the rule. He asked if I always keep my phone and wallet on the table Im sitting at, (I do if I dont have a zip on my pocket) I asked questions that I would anyone for a normal conversation and he said do I have to explain myself to you, I told him I enjoyed my recent belfast trip with a friend he told me not to mention ireland as people are touchy about this subject but later on he talked about catholics and protestents, I told him I was in a tesco and a customer was annoyed and asked for his receipt as the shop assistant binned it then had trouble finding it amongst other receipts, he said dont talk about that in here (it was a shop) and said security can throw you out for that.

run. all i can say. run

Why are you still seeing him if you don't want to?

You are not obligated to spend time with someone, just stop seeing him. Block his number and move on with your life.

New Threads

Top Bottom