• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

I think I have Aspergers

plasma107

I’ve known I was different from most people my whole life. I have trouble socializing, making eye contact, and intercepting nonverbal cues. I was watching a show in which one of the main characters had Aspergers and I realized I had a lot in common with his character and so I started to research it.

I took multiple online tests that test for signs of ASD.
My RDOS Score-
Your neurodiverse (Aspie) score: 162 of 200
Your neurotypical (non-autistic) score: 48 of 200
You are very likely neurodiverse (Aspie)

My AQ Score- 39 of 50

I’m convinced I’m on the spectrum and want to know if I should seek diagnosis after the COVID-19 stuff blows over. Should identify myself as being on the spectrum even though I haven’t had an official diagnosis?

(By the way I’m 15)

First warm wellcome to the forum :)

Second if youre this high up on the online tests you might very well be BUT only a cert evaluation can determan this. So yes when this CV 18 has blown away based on youre deskription of said diffent problems in life it might be a good idea to seek evaluation to determan this one way or another . However DONT get stuck on you might have Asbergers tho within the NP diagnosis there are multible possible diagnosis that can be the case (incl ADHD for example, ID (Both common Comorbid or co existing with ASD) etc.....) SO my best advice to you is try to learn all you can about both this as well as other NP (Neuro psychological ) diagnosis so you may better be able to understand youre problems.

In the mean time if you feel you are on the spectrum i dont see any harm in you identify as you are. We have many members in here that havent yet been " Officially" diagnosed

Hi and welcome. I generally advise people not to disclose autism or possible autism except to trusted others, and even then it's best to provide helpful information that enables them to understand what you are talking about.

With high autistic traits or Aspergers or ASD1, people are sometimes likely to dismiss your disclosure, even if you know them well, they may draw on outdated stereotypes and seek to reassure you that you are not Rainman.

There's a lot of information and threads here about all this. You may be able to get help through school, perhaps? During this strange time of covid 19 there's time to research further and find out more, this is a friendly and supportive place for help with that.

:sunflower::pandaface::seedling::dogface::seedling::koala::seedling::catface::seedling::hamsterface::sunflower:

Hi and welcome.

I agree that the online tests point in one direction, but it is best to get a professional opinion (IMHO).
Until you have walked with this diagnosis for a while I would be cautious of identifying yourself as being on the spectrum too soon.

Let me clarify what i meant with identify as being on the spectrum i meant for YOU possibly youre closest family) and IN HERE as i agree with the others that coming out with this MIGHT be going the wrong way in many countries and Sociétés (in my case i was alredy well known as weirdo and all that so noone have reacted on me adding more diagnosis :rolleyes: )

Hi plasma107

welcome to af.png

New Threads

Top Bottom