• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

I love Winnie the Pooh.

I was surprised when I seen this trailer on tv. I was like wow they are really going below the belt for this franchise. I’m curious, have you seen the movie? I have not seen it yet, so I wanted to ask to get a first impression on it lol.

I remember that animated .gif showing Winnie The Pooh in front of a mirror, worshiping Satan.

Funny as hell, too. Maybe I should rephrase that? :p

I remember that animated .gif showing Winnie The Pooh in front of a mirror, worshiping Satan.

Funny as hell, too. Maybe I should rephrase that? :p
Oh my goodness, Pooh was worshiping Satan? That’s insane wow the directors wanted to create an animated version of the conjuring.

Oh my goodness, Pooh was worshiping Satan? That’s insane wow the directors wanted to create an animated version of the conjuring.
I just found it on YouTube....lol. Too bad, it doesn't have sound. But I won't post it here....

I love the bad puns in the Disney animated movies. Alas, I heard the slasher Winnie the Pooh movie was one of the worst horror movies ever produced according to many people.

Yeah apparently the film barely even has anything to really do with Winnie the Pooh since the director didn't want to step on Disney's toes since only the original Winnie the Pooh book has fallen into public domain and Disney still obviously owns anything Winnie relating to their version of the character and he wouldn't want to get into legal trouble with them.

But then it's like: why even bother then? If the only things connecting this movie to Winnie the Pooh at all are 'well the main killers are named Winnie the Pooh and Piglet', it's just a generic and low-budget slasher movie then.

Although personally I don't understand the need to make slasher/horror versions of popular children's characters to begin with. I dunno, it always just comes off as a bit tryhard and as a way for filmmakers to attract attention to their otherwise not very good movies, y'know?

Generic and pretty poor looking low-budget slasher movie -> Wow, who the hell cares?

Generic and pretty poor looking low-budget slasher movie but the main killer(s) are characters from a CHILDREN'S SERIES?? -> OMG they're making a horror movie where [insert character here] is the killer??? That's so insane omg. (The movie goes viral on the internet because of the absurdity of the premise, people watch it out of curiousity, and it easily makes a profit because of its low-budget)

This makes me really sad. Winnie the Pooh is one of those lovely things that make me smile no matter how life is going. It is pure joy. Rabbit, Kanga and Roo, Eeyore, and little Piglet. Ah yes, and Owl and Christopher Robin.

There is no greater charity than when Eeyore loses his house, and Piglet gives his house to Eeyore. Such pure love.

My daughter, when she was born, had everything Winnie the Pooh. Clothes, wall art, bedding, etc. Winnie the Pooh represents, purity, curiosity, and joy.

When I was a little girl, growing up in the high desert, where no other children lived, I spent my days very much alone. And Christopher Robin from the Winnie the Pooh stories made me feel like there were other children like me, all alone, with only a teddy bear and imagination, as friends.

I will never accept such perversion of a pure children's story. I think it's sick.

This makes me really sad. Winnie the Pooh is one of those lovely things that make me smile no matter how life is going. It is pure joy. Rabbit, Kanga and Roo, Eeyore, and little Piglet. Ah yes, and Owl and Christopher Robin.

There is no greater charity than when Eeyore loses his house, and Piglet gives his house to Eeyore. Such pure love.

My daughter, when she was born, had everything Winnie the Pooh. Clothes, wall art, bedding, etc. Winnie the Pooh represents, purity, curiosity, and joy.

When I was a little girl, growing up in the high desert, where no other children lived, I spent my days very much alone. And Christopher Robin from the Winnie the Pooh stories made me feel like there were other children like me, all alone, with only a teddy bear and imagination, as friends.

I will never accept such perversion of a pure children's story. I think it's sick.
The books should have never entered public domain in that case.

1684667673850.jpeg

1684667839227.jpeg

There's a distinction between freedom of speech and the personal responsibility to keep society wholesome enough to be a safe place for children to come up.

We've failed the next generation. It's a horrible place out there. And children's media is saturated with disgusting things. Even the schoolroom these days sexually grooms children. It's wicked.

The only chance that children really have these days, is homeschooling, with other families, without television or internet. Even the modern children's books are terrible for character building.

We need a modern back to the land movement, like there was in the seventies and early eighties.

Last edited:
There's a difference between freedom of speech and personal responsibility to keep society wholesome enough to be a safe place for children to come up.

We've failed the next generation. It's a horrible place out there. And children's media is saturated with disgusting things. Even the schoolroom these days sexually grooms children. It's wicked.

The only chance that children really have these days, is homeschooling, with other families, without television or internet. Even the modern children's books are terrible for character building.

We need a modern back to the land movement, like there was in the seventies and early eighties.
Well, if it makes you feel any better, this movie has a reputation of being extremely poorly made. The IMDb score is 3.1 - most people who seen it hated it.

Well, if it makes you feel any better, this movie has a reputation of being extremely poorly made. The IMDb score is 3.1 - most people who seen it hated it.
I’ve heard the same. I even saw a YouTube movie critic’s review video of this movie and he really did not like it at all. He said the concept sounds interesting on paper but when you actually turn it into a movie, you get a horrible mess. He really hated how Winnie and Piglet looked and said that they were too hideous even for horror movie standards which generally has unattractive killers.

Yeah apparently the film barely even has anything to really do with Winnie the Pooh since the director didn't want to step on Disney's toes since only the original Winnie the Pooh book has fallen into public domain and Disney still obviously owns anything Winnie relating to their version of the character and he wouldn't want to get into legal trouble with them.
Disney has much bigger fish to fry at the moment than Winnie The Pooh. Though from a perspective of liability and litigation, there's no corporate entity with an army of lawyers as aggressive as they are. The insurer I once worked for as an underwriter has tangled with Disney before. It was ugly.

It will be interesting to see how it all pans out in time when it comes to Winnie The Pooh, and just how far unrelated entities can get with Disney still retaining ownership of the character itself.

There's a distinction between freedom of speech and the personal responsibility to keep society wholesome enough to be a safe place for children to come up.

Few demographics have stronger morbid curiosity than adolescents. Few understand the appeal of horror more than children. Children, far more avidly than any adult horror fans I know, go out there and create their own nightmares. They write, they draw, they think, they imagine. Of course it's not all children, but there isn't some disease going on here. A sensible system of keeping content behind tag-warnings and age ratings is plenty. Curiosity will bypass all this false authority anyway.

Nah, public domain is important and all works should eventually enter the public domain, even if there are people who use public domain works to make absolute garbage like this.

Stuff shouldn't belong in the hands of corporations forever and ever long after the original creators have passed away.

New Threads

Top Bottom