• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

I Just Can't Believe It!

I just wouldn't be surprised if nevertheless they throw a number at you as a nuisance claim from their hospital liability insurer in the form of a lump sum check. A way to test how serious your resolve is.

So settle then? She was saying to settle too. If the hospital thinks that's the way we would go, then they're going to do a low ball offer. What happened is so corrupt it should be brought out in the open. It's not just about me losing my job - it's much bigger than that and it being covered up. I don't like the idea of them paying me off and no one knows what happened. They really didn't want what happened getting out into the media (that came up several times in the meeting). I don't know if I could live with a settlement.
Bust 'em up, I say. They should have behaved themselves.

Er, if it doesn't have serious ramifications for you where no other facility will ever hire you for fear you'll bring them serious bad publicity or something. I am torn between delighting in a corrupt system getting slaughtered by the media and public, and seeing you make that happy post you've got a job and are stable again.

Yes- I'm beginning to understand how you could feel you're stuck here. It may be expedient under such circumstances to seek temporary employment outside your expertise where you can better evade the issues.

I was thinking possibly a Walmart greeter, or maybe I'm still too young for that job.:rolleyes:

Last edited:
I had my suspicions you were fired because of poor preparations of ebola after that lovely post about one nurse laughing at you for asking what kind of protective gear y'all would have. Being denied unemployment over that makes even less sense than their usual inanity (like refusing to drop out of school as grounds for disqualification). With that many other nurses raising a stink, surely to goodness you'll be able to repeal the disqualification.

I had my suspicions you were fired because of poor preparations of ebola after that lovely post about one nurse laughing at you for asking what kind of protective gear y'all would have. Being denied unemployment over that makes even less sense than their usual inanity (like refusing to drop out of school as grounds for disqualification). With that many other nurses raising a stink, surely to goodness you'll be able to repeal the disqualification.

UPDATE: I did get my letter today saying I was denied unemployment because of the reason why I was fired. Now I know.

UPDATE: I did get my letter today saying I was denied unemployment because of the reason why I was fired. Now I know.
Poo on them! "Failure to follow rules" is a dumb excuse when the rules are to bungee jump off a jagged rock cliff with a half-cut bungee cord.
(Which I had figured you balked due to poor gear, but I worded it all wrong in that last post.)

i cant believe i found a sick feral kitten and asked people to call a vet on the cell phone, an they all refused. i grabbed her and got into store selling food asking can they please lend me a cardbord box so i can take her home because she was scratching and biting like mad. and those people not only refused to help but threatened to call the police if i dont get out immediately.
this was some seven/eight months ago, and she lives in my house since then. but how mean people can be. she could've died.

I can't believe it's nearly 11am and I've not yet moved out of my armchair.

I've got things to do you know?!

I can't believe that the vast majority of people watch such crap on TV, celebrity this, celebrity that. And that most people listen to such crap music.

The weather has changed 3 times today. I don't know how to go outside in this! What should I wear in order to guarantee survival?

New Threads

Top Bottom