• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

I just applied online to Curry's PC World

Mr Allen

V.I.P Member
For part time (10 hours p/w) "Sales Associate" position.

I answered an online questionnaire that took me 15 minutes to complete, and at the end they said someone would be in touch in due course, I also uploaded the latest version of my CV (Americans call it a Resume').

Good for you.

Hopefully you'll hear from them one way or another, keep in mind that most online websites are far more polite than people are in real life.

So don't be surprised if you don't hear from them.

Good for you.

Hopefully you'll hear from them one way or another, keep in mind that most online websites are far more polite than people are in real life.

So don't be surprised if you don't hear from them.

I'll check my emails on Monday.

No no no no no no no. Trust me you DO NOT want to work for currys PC World and I can promise you that if you did, you'd end up later getting let go under their performance reviews. Currys PC World only care about what accessories/Service/Warranties you can sell with a product and you're performance is largely graded on this, if you're not forceful or pushy or convincing then you don't get the addons. I got sacked from one store and then asked to re-apply by another manager when I was doing brand ambassador work in his store because of my great customer service, but customer service skills are never enough for them and I left after a year because you're under so much pressure to sell attachments (they get very little profit on products sold on their own). Places like John Lewis (which I've worked in) offer a much greater service, hell even richer sounds is more honest. I have lots more to say about currys pc world, most of it isn't good and this is first hand experience working there.

Last edited:
No no no no no no no. Trust me you DO NOT want to work for currys PC World and I can promise you that if you did, you'd end up later getting let go under their performance reviews. Currys PC World only care about what accessories/Service/Warranties you can sell with a product and you're performance is largely graded on this, if you're not forceful or pushy or convincing then you don't get the addons. I got sacked from one store and then asked to re-apply by another manager when I was doing brand ambassador work in his store because of my great customer service, but customer service skills are never enough for them and I left after a year because you're under so much pressure to sell attachments (they get very little profit on products sold on their own). Places like John Lewis (which I've worked in) offer a much greater service, hell even richer sounds is more honest. I have lots more to say about currys pc world, most of it isn't good and this is first hand experience working there.

Don't worry, I had an email half an hour ago, "your answers to the questionnaire weren't suitable"

Ok - so now NEXT!

Continue forward, find the next opportunity.

I already have done, onwards and upwards, I applied online to Virgin Media for a part time "Field Sales" position this afternoon.

We'll see, there's a few potential issues between me and working in a call centre, such as me being deaf (although under "reasonable adjustments" they're legally obliged to try and accommodate that) and my patience, or rather, lack thereof, when I'm on the other end of a sales call, although a survey a few years back did say that most people, particularly Women, like a strong Yorkshire accent on the Business end of a call centre, so I could be lucky.

I already have done, onwards and upwards, I applied online to Virgin Media for a part time "Field Sales" position this afternoon.

I've done variouse sales positions (years ago) and I will say that you might find it hard to handle the pressure of targets (assuming you're able to meet them at all). For the last few years my work has revolved around retail oncemore, but it's not a customer facing target driven sales role, instead it's more about ensuring things are stocked correctly and merchandised properly and I like it a much as one can like a job because I have a lot more flexibility, much better pay and above all else it appeals to my organizational skills and knowledge of the retail system so that I can indirectly ensure sales are high in all my stores.

I just had another punt at working for Dixon's Carphone Warehouse, this time in a different part of Sheffield, yeah OK in the unlikely event I pass the assessment (I didn't last time), the Woodseats area's a bit of a pain to get to, but I'll sort that if I need to.

New Threads

Top Bottom