• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

I hope I'm not the only one who does this....

androidfanboy

I only sit with my arms crossed but sometimes put my hands on my knees, I hold my knife, fork and spoon differently and I go red just by talking to someone

I can sit with my arms crossed for hours! I don't put my hands on my knees, but I do put them on my hips, especially when I'm talking to someone. (I found a picture from my 20th high school reunion where I'm standing like that, hands on my hips, and one of my classmates says, 'Old Bob still has the same stance, I see!') :)

I can sit with my arms crossed for hours! I don't put my hands on my knees, but I do put them on my hips, especially when I'm talking to someone. (I found a picture from my 20th high school reunion where I'm standing like that, hands on my hips, and one of my classmates says, 'Old Bob still has the same stance, I see!') :)

I've trained myself never to cross my arms for more than a few seconds in any face-to-face conversation. Always considered body language, projecting a defensive posture. Just a myth, or is it really so? I'm not sure. I try to hide my anxieties as best as I can. Of course in many instances I fall flat on my face...but you can't blame me for trying!

I've trained myself never to cross my arms for more than a few seconds in any face-to-face conversation. Always considered body language, projecting a defensive posture. Just a myth, or is it really so? I'm not sure. I try to hide my anxieties as best as I can. Of course in many instances I fall flat on my face...but you can't blame me for trying!

Judge,

I've heard the same thing (that crossing arms is projecting a defensive posture), but I'm not sure whether it's true or not. I try to hide my anxieties, too, but like you, many times I wind up falling flat on my face. :)

I hug myself a good deal. I literally can't stand eye contact – I always look down unless I am angry. Also I refuse to eat with my left hand. I am right-handed; I eat with my right hand.

I have a habit of kind of half-crossing my arms where my hands hold onto or rub the opposite forearm just in front of my elbow, or i sometimes do it with just one hand, but it's nearly always both hands if i'm wearing a long-sleeve shirt because i shove my hands into the opposite sleeves rather than grip my forearm with the shirt around it.

New Threads

Top Bottom