• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

I have my first psychiatric appointment for next thursday - PETRIFIED

We are all behind you, sweet sister!! If it helps, think we are there. :) My AC friends help me a lot.

Every single time I went to the psychiatrist I was freaked out...the stress lessened the longer I was there, but by the time I got to "calm" level, the appointment was over. By the next appointment, the whole process started over again. That just the way it works for me. Where I live, I wasn't able to keep a shrink for a long period of time and they kept switching me, which didn't help either (mine would either move up the ladder or just move from town). In the end, it was just easier for me not to go at all. But if I could find the "right" shrink, I'd go in a heartbeat, stress or not because I do trust the process. I just don't think we have the "right" people in my area. It's just too small and too backwoods. If you have it, take advantage and fight through the stress...especially if it helps!

Best wishes your way! As I'm getting closer to my "D" date ( 2/21) I can feel the anxiety starting to build. I think it is all the unknowns that we are going through now.

Every single time I went to the psychiatrist I was freaked out...the stress lessened the longer I was there, but by the time I got to "calm" level, the appointment was over. By the next appointment, the whole process started over again.

Works like that with me too.

I am not freaking out right now, but as it gets closer I will be and also will be like jelly as I go into and strat to calm down and then, the next appointment, it will happen all over again.

I guess what scares the heck out of me, is being told I am a fraud. I have always had this sense of: people can read right through me and see something evil and I don't know why that is, because I do not feel evil.

one thing about having anxiety severely and panic attacks 24/7 is it becomes normal!!! you create a strategy depending on old memories so I hear my mams Voice saying "go to the doctor" ,even though I don't want to I hear the voice !and I'm hyperventilating and my brain is stimulating me to lighten myself that's a polite term for going to the toilet basically !but it is actually what your brain wants your body to do .
One of the things I really dislike is perspiring and I have the set routine of is somebody looking at me ?!this is the part where the fight part of panic begins and then back to flight hyperventilating again then walking too fast getting breathless hyperventilate getting breathless hyperventilating talking to a receptionist -this is what happens if I leave my street or someone comes to the door ,I try to carry on doing what I would've done if I wasn't panicking ,it's not a panacea and it's not very peaceful it's all I can come up with.

Was it yesterday? How did it go? My days are all mixed up so i am not sure if it is next thursday or the one just past? THinking about how it went! Or still wishing you well for how it will go! :)

New Threads

Top Bottom