• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

I have just been diagnosed

Hi Sophie, welcome to AC! Lots of great folks here from all over the world. Be sure to check out the chatroom and all the great topics! Mikie

The self-appointed Mayor of Aspieville welcomes you aboard :)

I hope you find us both friendly and helpful here

Welcome aboard. It is quite a thing to learn about, particularly with a later diagnosis. Lots of things to absorb and accept. I hope you enjoy this website. There is a wonderful friendly vibe here, in addition to several interesting members. You have just opened a door to a whole new world.
Best wishes

Hi Sophie and welcome,
I am really glad that you have joined us. You will find that this is a good place with many great people. I think you will also find that you are not alone, that many people feel the same things as you do. Many of us are like family here because we understand and accept each other. Something you do not always get from the world out there.
I am looking forward to hearing from you so I hope you will feel free to join in on, or start conversations.

Hi Sophie, welcome to our community. There's lots of info and support here, and it's always exciting to see a new face :)

Hi Sophie and welcome to our Community ! Our member and friend Rocco illustrated a very nice way to introduce you in our universe. Fell free to open the door anytime and step in out mysterious world. You never know what friendships you can bind here :)

Welcome :)

As you can see, we have a fair few members who are quite friendly, and supportive, so I hope you feel right at home here.

Feel free to check out our recommended readings section, for books on autism/ Asperger's. Most members will agree that Dr. Tony Attwood's books are a great place to start: Resources | AspiesCentral.com

I also like to recommend this one to our female members. It's very informative, and talks about the many differences between traits found in men and women:
Aspergirls: Empowering Females With Asperger Syndrome | AspiesCentral.com

Hey I'm sophie Douglas I'm 18 years of age and have just been diagnosed with ausitom,
Hi Sophie. I hope you don't mind me asking but which route for getting a diagnosis is the best way forward?
My son who is 18 is awaiting for an appointment to see a clinical pyscologist. He's been referred through his GP. Just seems to be a long waiting game though.

New Threads

Top Bottom