• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

I have gout and it sucks horribly.

Metalhead

Video game and movie addict.
V.I.P Member
Yeah, you could call this a whine post.

No more of some of my favorite foods.

At least I already gave up the beer a while ago.

Cherry juice is now in my fridge. Allopurinol will soon be a part of my daily routine.

I want to chainsaw my right foot off and cauterize the wound with a blowtorch. That might hurt slightly less.

OK, maybe that last paragraph was too melodramatic. Maybe I need some CBD strain of weed right now instead.

Rest assured, I will end this self pity party eventually. Just let me have it for tonight.

Suffering shouldn't exist.
In most cases suffering is there to serve a purpose, in the case of Gout it is usually there to tell you to stop poisoning yourself. I've had a couple of mild attacks in my life, it certainly isn't pleasant.

Gout is caused by a build up of Ureaic Acid, as in the fertilizer Urea. Men's bodies don't get rid of this acid as efficiently as women's and when your body can't get rid of it quickly enough it starts storing the excess in your joints.

Ureaic Acid is what causes the red colouring in foods so cherry juice is likely a big no no. A dark chocolate Cherry Ripe cripples me within hours of eating one.

Another bad food is the Legume family. That means beans, all beans. String beans, Lima beans, Kidney beans, etc.

And one of the absolute worst foods for gout is shellfish including crabs.

Suffering shouldn't exist.
In a perfect world, it wouldn't.
But this isn't the place. Instead, we are in these fragile, not meant to last bodies.
That's my whine for tonight.

My house share partner gets gout in his feet and toes occasionally.
He says it really hurts and can hardly walk until it leaves.
He takes Indocin for the inflammation. Need a doctor to get script for it.
But it really helps until it goes away. Like within an hour!

I was diagnosed with the same year's ago, but, compared to what you describe, nothing like that. Just an occasional throbbing pain in one of my big toes.

However, due to venous insufficiously, I get a deep gnorng ache in my left thigh and I feel that I want to cut my leg off, just to ease the pain, but know that in reality, I will get fantom pain and thus, try my best to get through it.

Refined sugars are evil and yep beer is one big cause.

Ureaic Acid is what causes the red colouring in foods so cherry juice is likely a big no no. A dark chocolate Cherry Ripe cripples me within hours of eating one.
I actually heard cherry juice reduces uric acid levels and that it was good to have around if a flare up starts.

Gout sucks. I'm sorry you're suffering from it. I hope you feel better soon. It should not be a permanent state.

I sympathize with you and I can also empathize. I had gout about fifteen years ago. Crazy how painful and tender it can be. I got mine after eating 15 pounds of cured natural casing hotdogs in a week's time. I used to travel for business that brought me past a well known meat market. My dad asked me to buy that many hot dogs for them because he was going to bring them to some function or picnic. He lived a good distance away from me and I didn't see him all that often. Apparently the function/picnic never happened, he never picked up the hotdogs from me and I'd paid for them. So...I ended up incorporating the hot dogs into all three meals every day. Gout.

Ureaic Acid is what causes the red colouring in foods so cherry juice is likely a big no no.

Not commercial "cherry juice". -Organic Black Cherry juice. No dyes or preservatives. With the color determined by antioxidants (anthocyanins) - not food coloring. A critical difference. And yes, it's not cheap.

Not a cure per se, but it does alleviate the symptoms along with NSAIDs. I know...I get it every once in a while as well. Horribly painful.

Black Cherry Juice for Gout: What You Need to Know

Last edited:

New Threads

Top Bottom