• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

I have anxiety over being left alone in a foreign county and parents are unsympathetic.

Going and getting advice from your GP may be beneficial. Make sure to focus on that one aspect only - your anxiety - to get proper help. It's much better than doing nothing. I would also recommend looking into your diet. There are many foods that can enforce your anxiety without you being aware of that. 'Anti-Anxiety Food Solution: How the food you eat can help you calm your anxious mind, improve your mood and end cravings' was quite helpful to me in that aspect but I'm sure that there are other useful (and free) resources to be used.

My cousins parents invited me to the wedding, so now i’ll have to think about that.

She didn’t invite me initially, nor did she ask me herself, so i’m not sure. That might be a little awkward.

I understand your concern because you don't want to stomp on social boundaries. Best thing to be absolutely sure is to ask your cousin directly if it's okay or not since you didn't get an official invitation. Any answer that isn't "yes", you can decline or decline on the condition that you didn't hear from your cousin or receive something official enough, or you can choose to accept anyway and just deal with the situations as they come up. If they get upset by you showing up, then ask for help to leave and be paid to leave to go back to your hotel. Good luck.

I understand your concern because you don't want to stomp on social boundaries. Best thing to be absolutely sure is to ask your cousin directly if it's okay or not since you didn't get an official invitation. Any answer that isn't "yes", you can decline or decline on the condition that you didn't hear from your cousin or receive something official enough, or you can choose to accept anyway and just deal with the situations as they come up. If they get upset by you showing up, then ask for help to leave and be paid to leave to go back to your hotel. Good luck.

I decided not to go in the end, although I now wonder if this is a regret and I let my social anxiety get the better of me?

I will be going to a large town by train tomorrow to shop in a mall. I will take £100 with me, hopefully that is enough.

Just very anxious and looking forward to tomorrow ending. So far a lot of time has been spent rallying around this wedding, I hope my family can get back to having a normal holiday.

Last edited:
I had a dream about you, Frostee LOL I was babysitting you (lol) and many other kids, and they were all loud and crazy so you hid in a small cubby the whole time then when you were picked up by your scary-looking dad, I told him you were the best behaved, and he said, "Oh really," like he wasn't amused.

Hope the shopping trip is fun. Good for you getting out. You really may enjoy yourself. You can flip into culture shock if someone starts screaming at you in a foreign langauage. Just scream out your country of origin. lol

Your not alone, i get anxiety alone at times but get clingy and desperate due to it. Nobody likes being lonely.

I decided not to go in the end, although I now wonder if this is a regret and I let my social anxiety get the better of me?

I will be going to a large town by train tomorrow to shop in a mall. I will take £100 with me, hopefully that is enough.

Just very anxious and looking forward to tomorrow ending. So far a lot of time has been spent rallying around this wedding, I hope my family can get back to having a normal holiday.

Thanks for the birthday wishes.

Also, try to do some research about going out beforehand.
That could help you decide what you can and can't spend money on.

New Threads

Top Bottom