• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

I hate my stupid job

AngelWings17

I seriously hate my ****ing job. It's the stupidest ass place to work. I get only one four hour shift a week and I don't even know how much I make an hour. I started in the retail store, then when I moved to host, or soon after, they stopped giving me retail hours and started hiring new people instead. I have nothing against my co-workers. It's mostly the environment and management. Cracker Barrel is the worst place to work. I would not recommend it to anyone. I'd rather work at McDonald's, and that's saying something. I really want to quit and find a new job, but Cracker Barrel was the only place to hire me out of all the places I applied for. That and I don't quit. If I could I would get a job at an animal shelter, no questions asked. THAT'S a place I would love to work. A place where I wouldn't be so stressed. Anyone have any advice for someone who works a sucky job and wants to quit but can't find another job?

My best friend (yes you read right lol) had a very similar experience with poundland, in England. She was hired for part time work and ended up having to do 50hrs! Barely allowed a break and they held her contract. She got the sack when she had a fibro fog, whilst at the tills, because she was not working hard enough!!!!! Slave labor.

Out of the blue, a friend said he had a job for her and now she cleans a shop, with just one other, from 6 to 9 am with two days off in the week. This came about because we are both Jehovah's Witnesses and I begged Jehovah to make a way out and voila, she got a job.

I guess the key is to not work hard enough, so they can fire you!

That does sound like a horrible job. At one of my previous jobs I would sometimes be getting full time hours, other times part time, one shift a week, or no shifts at all. If a client canceled for any reason my whole life would change with no notice. It was very frustrating. I mean, how do you make plans when you honestly can't say how much money you will be making from one week to the next?

I suppose you need to ask yourself weather the four hours a week is really a loss to you. If I were a braver person and in your position I would confront my boss and tell them that if they didn't give me more hours that I was leaving. Then again, that may be what they want you to do. I worked for a pizza place on a trendy avenue. When business slowed down in the winter they cut my hours back to almost nothing. I think they were trying to get rid of me without the hassle of actually firing me.

When I got cut down to eight hours a week at H&R Block, I went to another job and told them three times in person and on the phone and by note that I was quitting because I couldn't live on their pathetic paycheck. I got a letter saying I had done a "no call, no show" and I was banned from working with them again. You might run into that, but if they're that crappy to work for, not much of a loss.

Yes, I remember one job I quit where I gave my boss two weeks notice, then he called me in to work after my end date. I happened to be on the other side of the country that day, so there is no way I could make it in. He then got upset and fired me. I didn't know you could fire somebody after they quit.

Have you tried applying for jobs, possibly something you like. If something you like comes along, then you can quit.

I would think paid positions in animal shelters are difficult to come by, as there aren't many, and mostly staffed by volunteers. But starting as a volunteer in one may be a way to get experience and get in the network for a job in the future. But it is not a high probabilty thing, just a way of investigating it further.

New Threads

Top Bottom